Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

56 minutes ago, Reynard said:

You just confirmed what I said. You listening to gossip and parroting what you hear not really knowing anything. Every team has it's, as you call them,  idiots / bleacher coaches and evidently you listen to them.

You admitting that you listen to idiots lends a lot of creditability to your assessment of SC.:roflol:

I also can't wait until Trousdale county beats the fool outta y'all these next two years if what I hear is true.

10 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Oh I know exactly what is going on. My eyes work perfectly. It's kinda hard not listen when every play is how stupid the coaches are. I am not into bashing coaches, they know the inner workings better than people like you. 

I've never said or indicated that I know exactly what is going on  (as you claim to) and never claimed to  know the inner workings or bashed a coach.  I do know I try to avoid those idiots,  as you call them, but then again, it appears that I've  attracted one.

So......tell us ole wise on, using them perfect eyes and all hearing ears,  what exactly IS going on ??

1 hour ago, Reynard said:

You just confirmed what I said. You listening to gossip and parroting what you hear not really knowing anything. Every team has it's, as you call them,  idiots / bleacher coaches and evidently you listen to them.

You admitting that you listen to idiots lends a lot of creditability to your assessment of SC.:roflol:

It don’t take much listening to realize Carthage is in a bad place program wise and doesn’t look to be getting better any time soon. Like King said Gordonsville is the premier job there now and in my opinion will only continue to grow. The best thing that could happen to Carthage is lose a few students and drop to 2a so they could be a little competitive beyond the 1st round. Like someone else said it’s sad when Carthage natives leave to coach other places and have no interest in coming back. That includes more sports than just football. Heck some choose to go to Dekalb and coach 

32 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I've never said or indicated that I know exactly what is going on  (as you claim to) and never claimed to  know the inner workings or bashed a coach.  I do know I try to avoid those idiots,  as you call them, but then again, it appears that I've  attracted one.

So......tell us ole wise on, using them perfect eyes and all hearing ears,  what exactly IS going on ??

I know exactly what is going on the field is what the comment if my eyes work. As far as the inner workings of Carthage who the heck knows. 

2 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

It don’t take much listening to realize Carthage is in a bad place program wise and doesn’t look to be getting better any time soon. Like King said Gordonsville is the premier job there now and in my opinion will only continue to grow. The best thing that could happen to Carthage is lose a few students and drop to 2a so they could be a little competitive beyond the 1st round. Like someone else said it’s sad when Carthage natives leave to coach other places and have no interest in coming back. That includes more sports than just football. Heck some choose to go to Dekalb and coach 

One reason they leave to coach at other places has already been mentioned somewhere on here. 

Look around at the number of coaches in all 3 sports from Smith County  (both schools)  They are at Gallatin, Lebanon, SC, Gordonsville, Monterey, Watertown, Hartsville, Oakland, Dekalb, and  Cookville.   

15 hours ago, DirtyBird18 said:

I can get behind most of this, but we have some deeper problems around here than just our coach. Something you said was with a few years... Apparently the way things are currently, you’re not guaranteed a few years if you make the wrong people mad. I’m not sure the type of coach we need is going to be interested knowing how this all went down.

As far as the right leadership, who do you have in mind?

Don't think it had anything to do with making the wrong people mad. Smith County High School is still Smith County High School. It is still the Hole. It is still the Owls. It is still one of the most prestigious and traditional schools in the area. Smith County High School is still here. We just need a leader that will get the kids behind him. A good leader with good coordinators and coaches can bring this sleeping giant back to life. Go Big Owls!!!

13 hours ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Half of these options are horrible. Although, It makes complete sense that no one would want to coach at SC. Carthage can’t even get former alumni with family in the program to come back and coach. With this new region they should have kept Murray for another year or two because they may have a tough time getting the coach they really want at the moment. I know people in Carthage (Gordonsville people wanted Murray to stay lol)  who hated the hire when it happened and were excited when the new regions got released because they thought it would lead to a quicker fire of Murray. But in my opinion with the new regions I don’t see any appeal for anyone wanting to come to Carthage. Whoever mentioned Hackett, Watson, Gentry is just stupid. None of those guys would leave there great jobs, with good talent and better pay to get pounded from the bleachers every game at SC. It just doesn’t make any sense. 

However, I did like where someone mentioned SC needs to be playing the local schools like MC, Dekalb,  H20, Upperman and Tc every year. 

The best option for SC is to hope and pray Dyer will take the job otherwise the little talent Carthage has will be going to Gville in the following years. 

Maplewood 0-7 this season

East Nashville 5-3 this season

Stratford 2-7 this season

Jackson County 5-5 this season

Smith County 4-7 this season

What am I missing? No powerhouses anymore. East Nashville is still good and will be the favorite next year but is beatable. The gates will suck because none of these teams travel. Thats why you schedule local traveling teams as nonregion games. This is a winnable region for any of these schools that want to step up.

28 minutes ago, glover said:

Maplewood 0-7 this season

East Nashville 5-3 this season

Stratford 2-7 this season

Jackson County 5-5 this season

Smith County 4-7 this season

What am I missing? No powerhouses anymore. East Nashville is still good and will be the favorite next year but is beatable. The gates will suck because none of these teams travel. Thats why you schedule local traveling teams as nonregion games. This is a winnable region for any of these schools that want to step up.

They'll probably compete for 4 every year with JC, 

• Upvote 1