Coaching Changes

TheBigLebowski99

4 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t he the DC? If so, I’m trying to understand why that hire would make any sense considering SC has been giving up 30 pts or more a game the past few years. They even tried to switch their Defense up this year and still it didn’t work. IMO, SC needs to bring in a new Coach not tied to the program. Wouldn’t hire anyone on that staff if I cared about winning...:thumb:

Looking over their roster and staff, you are correct. Loveday is the DC. The Bears had a lot of youth playing for them as well. Also on staff is a Brewer, he is the OC. Is he related to Steve Brewer? If so, will he put his name in for the job. I read a few years ago in the daily times that SC beat Maryville in the middle school championship. Is there not talent that is coming up that would make this job a little more intriguing? 

2 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

Looking over their roster and staff, you are correct. Loveday is the DC. The Bears had a lot of youth playing for them as well. Also on staff is a Brewer, he is the OC. Is he related to Steve Brewer? If so, will he put his name in for the job. I read a few years ago in the daily times that SC beat Maryville in the middle school championship. Is there not talent that is coming up that would make this job a little more intriguing? 

Loveday gave up a good head coaching position at Northview to come in to Sevier County.  Every single person I have talked to who is actually legit close to that program and school have told me all along that he did so as the "coach in waiting" when Lingo retired.  And if you doubt Loveday's value as a head coach, look no further than what the Northview program has done since he left. 

Like I said, I would be surprised if it doesn't happen.  

Edited by HTV

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t he the DC? If so, I’m trying to understand why that hire would make any sense considering SC has been giving up 30 pts or more a game the past few years. They even tried to switch their Defense up this year and still it didn’t work. IMO, SC needs to bring in a new Coach not tied to the program. Wouldn’t hire anyone on that staff if I cared about winning...:thumb:

Agree 100% and most around the program agree with you that staff needs over haul.  You are correct, Loveday the DC.  Many agree that he will get the job but some feel that they should look outside.  From what I hear, they will be open to any applicant.  Loveday most likely gets it, even though his defense gives up almost 40 a game for 2 seasons.  Either way, "big shake up" with staff no matter who gets it, what being said.  We shall see??  If anyone on staff gets it, it will be him.  No other qualified candidates on staff.  SC had more players this year than last several years.  Only lose about 10 srs.  Couple lineman, TE, and RB.   Big JR and FR classes with big 8th class coming in.  Return almost all starters.  With new district, they should compete to make playoffs.  Beat Heritage, which is getting better, and Cocke Co.  West and Central too good.  They should compete with Halls.  

Edited by HSsportsfan1

4 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

Brewer won't get it.  The MS has beat Maryville middle the last 2 years for the MS championship, which does not guarantee success at HS level..  There were 25 or so freshman this year and large 8th grade class coming in.  Return large Jr class as well.  SC can put together some winning seasons.  No championships, but they can win more than they lose.   Loveday most likely gets the job.  Be interesting what staff changes, if any, he makes.

13 minutes ago, HSsportsfan1 said:

With new district, they should compete to make playoffs.  Beat Heritage, which is getting better, and Cocke Co.  West and Central too good.  They should compete with Halls.  

If TSSAA decides to move West Ridge up to 6A (based on expected enrollment discrepancies), I think they'll also shift Cocke County from Region 2 to Region 1. I expect Region 2-5A to be a 5-team league.

Tough region with Central and West, but beat Heritage, and you're in the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

When is West Ridge going to be competing and isn't there a new private school in that area?  I thought I read about one opening up. If so is that hurting SC?

West Ridge scheduled to open this fall.  Lakeway Christian is new private school in White Pine in Jeff County.  It looks like a small college.  SC lost a girls basketball freshman to them but that is all so far. She is a really good player which would have helped SC, from what I am told  Never seen her play.   I do not foresee any other sports losing kids to there unless they cant find playing time at SC.  

In Sevier Co, nothing happens unless Jack Parton approves. When Todd left Northview, it was with the promise he was next at SC. Jonathan Brewer is Steve's son and only has the job of OC for that reason. SC needs new blood, but it will not happen.

An opening could and should open in Jeff Co. Not sure anyone wants our job anymore. With Lakeway in the county and a lack of talent and toughness already, it is not an a great situation. And the fact we are 3-17 with 17 straight loses.

On 11/11/2020 at 11:42 AM, HTV said:

Loveday gave up a good head coaching position at Northview to come in to Sevier County.  Every single person I have talked to who is actually legit close to that program and school have told me all along that he did so as the "coach in waiting" when Lingo retired.  And if you doubt Loveday's value as a head coach, look no further than what the Northview program has done since he left. 

Like I said, I would be surprised if it doesn't happen.  

3 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

In Sevier Co, nothing happens unless Jack Parton approves. When Todd left Northview, it was with the promise he was next at SC. Jonathan Brewer is Steve's son and only has the job of OC for that reason. SC needs new blood, but it will not happen.

An opening could and should open in Jeff Co. Not sure anyone wants our job anymore. With Lakeway in the county and a lack of talent and toughness already, it is not an a great situation. And the fact we are 3-17 with 17 straight loses.

Not saying y’all aren’t right, from the way it sounds you are correct. All I’m saying is it’s hard for me to see hiring a guy who’s Defense couldn’t stop a soul the past two years. Who knows, maybe a better HC than DC. Then begs the question does he hire an actual DC?

14 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Not saying y’all aren’t right, from the way it sounds you are correct. All I’m saying is it’s hard for me to see hiring a guy who’s Defense couldn’t stop a soul the past two years. Who knows, maybe a better HC than DC. Then begs the question does he hire an actual DC?

How are things over there chsbc?? I’m sure folks are waiting to see how the season unfolds but I have heard rumblings.