Riverside travels to Waverly Quarterfinals

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I went to the first meeting between the two and I know Tide fans claim the refs kept McKenzie in the game but fact is McKenzie played a good game against them. I do think there is a good chance McKenzie can win this game but Jacobs is such a good freakin coach he will have the Tide ready. McKenzie will be able to throw the ball against them and if they mix up the play calling I like their chances! Call me crazy but it could happen.

We had 30 yards of penalties on the last drive that mckenzie scored on. One was for a helmet being ripped off by their own player and the other was after we stopped them on like the 15 and a player stood up and yelled and they gave us a personal foul that put them on the goal line. So yeah we helped them and so did the refs. As far as mckenzie throwing the ball go for it. I think we had like 3 interceptions last night.  Mckenzie gave up almost 50 points to Union city and then turned and almost got beat by obion. Are you telling me that mckenzie will have the defense to hold us ?  We scored 3 times on one drive against mckenzie because the refs called 2 of them back. 

with all of that said anyone can win that’s why you play the game 

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We had 30 yards of penalties on the last drive that mckenzie scored on. One was for a helmet being ripped off by their own player and the other was after we stopped them on like the 15 and a player stood up and yelled and they gave us a personal foul that put them on the goal line. So yeah we helped them and so did the refs. As far as mckenzie throwing the ball go for it. I think we had like 3 interceptions last night.  Mckenzie gave up almost 50 points to Union city and then turned and almost got beat by obion. Are you telling me that mckenzie will have the defense to hold us ?  We scored 3 times on one drive against mckenzie because the refs called 2 of them back. 

with all of that said anyone can win that’s why you play the game 

My reply to all of that is I think McKenzie can play with y’all. It’s going to be hard to beat Peabody but I think McKenzie has the best chance out of everyone y’all have played. The team you played last night tried to go out of their identity to beat y’all. UC isn’t a passing team. You know this man.

19 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

My reply to all of that is I think McKenzie can play with y’all. It’s going to be hard to beat Peabody but I think McKenzie has the best chance out of everyone y’all have played. The team you played last night tried to go out of their identity to beat y’all. UC isn’t a passing team. You know this man.

The coach said when he took over they were going to start trying to pass some. You telling me they don’t practice passing so that’s the only reason we got the interceptions  ? 

you want to know the one thing that stands out to me about the mckenzie game ? 
their coach ran the ball every down with 5-6 minutes left in the fourth when they were down 2 tds

Edited by Tide21

OK, I'll bite just to keep some conversation going. I thought last year that Riverside had a good chance in this game because they'd hit their potential, and were forcing teams to play into their strengths. Waverly was more athletic, but weren't playing off each other on either side of the ball like they usually do.

This time around, I can't see Riverside turning the game into a defensive grind. Waverly has too many options on offense for the Panthers to funnel into their defensive strength, and too fast and physical on defense for the Rats to keep up with what their offense will put up. Wouldn't surprise me if Riverside keeps it close, but wouldn't if the Tigers open it up either. 

• Upvote 1