McKenzie at Peabody

BigTTowner

39 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

My question would be how did you guys hang with McKenzie if you feel they had much more speed ? You guys took them to the wire

I can answer that.  We didn’t play the midline option / Veer on the backside.  We would suck in and they would go around us.  The one time we played it correctly that counted was on the 2 pt at the end. 

9 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I can answer that.  We didn’t play the midline option / Veer on the backside.  We would suck in and they would go around us.  The one time we played it correctly that counted was on the 2 pt at the end. 

I see but with the speed you have at the linebacker position that over pursuit could cause issues,that explains it ,any good coach woulda ran it into the ground until you stopped it ! I heard some of your fans complaining about play Calli g in the game we played" he ran right around them boys on the outside and scored easy, why didnt we keep doing that"? Well because a good coach adjust Karen,is what I wanted to say .Bleacher coaching is always very easy .......

Edited by PeabodyPride

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I see but with the speed you have at the linebacker position that over pursuit could cause issues,that explains it ,any good coach woulda ran it into the ground until you stopped it ! I heard some of your fans complaining about play Calli g in the game we played" he ran right around them boys on the outside and scored easy, why didnt we keep doing that"? Well because a good coach adjust Karen,is what I wanted to say .Bleacher coaching is always very easy .......

You are right. Our two DE are wide open and it hurts sometimes.