McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

7 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

Yeah I’m sure DB was trying their hardest to get out of this game. This 1 dimensional McMinn County team is scarier than any Maryville team I’ve ever seen. Our run defense is so bad they would’ve probably ran for 500 yards on us. 

You could be right about them running for 500.  I guess that’s why you shut up and play the game, right???

12 minutes ago, Martymcfly said:

You could be right about them running for 500.  I guess that’s why you shut up and play the game, right???

I can tell you right now that McMinn County didn’t want any part of Dobyns Bennett. You’ve played 1 good run defense all season and look what happened that game. I could argue DB’s front 7 is just as good as Maryville against the run. Jalen Hunt is in the top 5 rushing nationally only because of that trash schedule. I thought DB had a bad schedule until I looked at McMinn’s. 

Sequoyah 0-10 

McMinn Central 1-9 

Heratige 2-8 

Notre Dame 3-7

William Blount 4-6 

Ooltewah 4-6 

Bearden 4-7 (twice) 

Cleveland 5-6 

Edited by Tribefan98

7 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

I can tell you right now that McMinn County didn’t want any part of Dobyns Bennett. You’ve played 1 good run defense all season and look what happened that game. I could argue DB’s front 7 is just as good as Maryville against the run. Jalen Hunt is in the top 5 rushing nationally only because of that trash schedule. I thought DB had a bad schedule until I looked at McMinn’s. 

Sequoyah 0-10 

McMinn Central 1-9 

Heratige 2-8 

Notre Dame 3-7

William Blount 4-6 

Ooltewah 4-6 

Bearden 4-7 (twice) 

Cleveland 5-6 

How did DB run defense fair against Alcoa? I didn’t get a chance to watch that game. 

34 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

Sequoyah 0-10 

McMinn Central 1-9 

Heratige 2-8 

Notre Dame 3-7

William Blount 4-6 

Ooltewah 4-6 

Bearden 4-7 (twice) 

Cleveland 5-6 

Arrogance at its finest.

57 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

If MC is in the clear and the Sullivan County health department did what they did out of precaution then the TSSAA should let them play the game.  The punishment for this debacle should be to let them play on Tuesday and whoever wins will just have to suck it up due to not having the regular amount of time to prepare for the next opponent.  Really the punishment is not having the time to prepare, but at least you could probably say the TSSAA is trying to be fair and gave the opportunity.  I hate it for those young kids who all deserve an opportunity to play.  

That would be fair. Either team will get mauled by Maryville if they have two days or two months to prepare.

Other option is to let Maryville have a forfeit playoff win this week and get ready for Oakland. DB and MC can play each other this Friday for the seniors in the Covid Bowl and that will end their seasons. 

On 11/14/2020 at 10:13 AM, Martymcfly said:

Honest question: if you test negative does the quarantine part still apply?

The truth is that none this COVID crap makes sense and none of the #s add up for any of the formulas. Just forget the crap and get on with the business as usual. The TSSAA needs to grow a set and do away with all this nonsense and go back to normal crowds and games. For Pete’s sake this is no worse than the flu

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

That would be fair. Either team will get mauled by Maryville if they have two days or two months to prepare.

Other option is to let Maryville have a forfeit playoff win this week and get ready for Oakland. DB and MC can play each other this Friday for the seniors in the Covid Bowl and that will end their seasons. 

While a consultation game is good for the Seniors it is still not fair to either team. Let them play on Monday and move the Friday game to Saturday that would give them 4 days of practice.

1 hour ago, Tribefan98 said:

Yeah I’m sure DB was trying their hardest to get out of this game. This 1 dimensional McMinn County team is scarier than any Maryville team I’ve ever seen. Our run defense is so bad they would’ve probably ran for 500 yards on us. 

Lol , I know your being sarcastic but I don’t think McMinn or DB would run from anyone.