McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

9 minutes ago, gecko said:

The result from the test done on Tuesday was the phone call coach got on the way to game. 

Parents probably took kid to get rapid test done in 15 minutes that morning. Rapid test came back negative.

It literally adds up lol The kid still has to be released by the state though. Him and his Parents should not have been at the game. Still doesn't effect the gameplay though

Actually it doesn't add up. Not according to the previous post about the players testing. He had already tested positive and was kept from the rest of the team. Meaning the coach already knew about the positive test. And that was earlier in the week. There would be no reason someone would be calling the coach on the way to Kingsport to inform him of a Covid positive test on his team. Unless maybe theres a different player in question here.

• Upvote 1

so your saying that the coach got the call about test on the way to the game, but the parents took their kid to get the rapid test in the morning anway? why didnt they take him on WED  or THUR so they could get multiple rapid tests, they are just gonna wait until friday for a test that your saying the coach didnt even know was + until their on their way to the game. Im really trying to see how THAT adds up because i want to see this game played, but thats a little ridiculous  

4 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

so your saying that the coach got the call about test on the way to the game, but the parents took their kid to get the rapid test in the morning anway? why didnt they take him on WED  or THUR so they could get multiple rapid tests, they are just gonna wait until friday for a test that your saying the coach didnt even know was + until their on their way to the game. Im really trying to see how THAT adds up because i want to see this game played, but thats a little ridiculous  

The player everybody keeps referring to can't be the same player that the coach got the call about. Not if all I've read so far is true.

3 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

They were probably told you'll know by Friday. Kid wanted to go support his team and gameday rolls around with no call from dept of health. They take rapid test so he can go. Maybe it was two kids. Still doesn't change anything. Bo Cagle said the kid he was called about has not been around the team. 

I could care less. I just had nothing better to do tonight. Just sharing my experience with McMinn County COVID protocol. I just wanted to watch a really good game. To me, TSSAA and Health Dept dropped the ball. It's BS. 

4 minutes ago, mikeslau said:

I knew I would get an answer like that..no one from Mcminn will answer because the correct answer doesn't fit your agenda

I don't have an agenda bro. I couldn't care less about either team. If they both lose then great. I just hated missing out on a great game and good seasons to end like that. The answer is you trust the Coach about contact trace and play. They all haven't been at school and that kid hadn't been at practice since Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, gecko said:

They were probably told you'll know by Friday. Kid wanted to go support his team and gameday rolls around with no call from dept of health. They take rapid test so he can go. Maybe it was two kids. Still doesn't change anything. Bo Cagle said the kid he was called about has not been around the team. 

I could care less. I just had nothing better to do tonight. Just sharing my experience with McMinn County COVID protocol. I just wanted to watch a really good game. To me, TSSAA and Health Dept dropped the ball. It's BS. 

We can all agree on that.

20 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The player everybody keeps referring to can't be the same player that the coach got the call about. Not if all I've read so far is true.

im not saying that i know more than people do, but i sit in section F in j fred and barely to the right is where the away/freshman locker rooms are, i walked down to the front row about 5 feet from the coaches where the were talking on the railing outside the locker room. I didnt hear any talk of oh we followed all the rules and were getting screwed. After Cagle got off the phone he shook his head and walked into the locker room, then an assistant coach said "they're really gonna cancel this because of 1 protocall". Again it was an emotional time and it might be a bogus rule, but it sounded like they wanted a rule to be overlooked and just play. Again im just a DB fan who wanted the game to be played and im probably biased. Just telling you what i heard.

Edited by Indian2424

3 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

im not saying that i know more than people do, but i sit in section F in j fred and barely to the right is where the away/freshman locker rooms are, i walked down to the front row about 5 feet from them\ coaches where the ywere talking on the railing outside the locker room. I didnt hear any talk of oh we followed all the rules and were getting screwed. After Cagle got off the phone an assistant coach said "they're really gonna cancel this because of 1 protocall". Again it was an emotional time and it might be a bogus rule, but it sounded like they wanted a rule to be overlooked and just play. Again im just a DB fan who wanted the game to be played and im probably biased. Just telling you what i heard.

That protocol may have been the list of contact traces you turn into dept of health after a pos case. No way tracing can be official until Monday when health dept opens. McMinn will turn in zero names but will be official with doh. Here's the issue I have. If Dept of Health can make a call on a Friday at 700pm. They should allow McMinn the op to turn in the official list of traces on Saturday! Alot of fishy stuff going on from all sides

Both teams should meet Monday and play OT rules until there's a winner. Just like they used to do with Tie Breakers for playoffs back in the day.  

*Maryville has plenty of films on both teams I'm sure. Probably an entire season worth. 

Edited by gecko
Clarity

Just now, gecko said:

That protocol may have been the list of contact traces you turn into dept of health after a pos case. No way tracing can be official until Monday when health dept opens. McMinn will turn in zero names but will be official with doh. Here's the issue I have. If Dept of Health can make a call on a Friday at 700pm. They should allow McMinn the op to turn in the official list of traces on Saturday! Alot of fishy stuff going on from all sides

im not by any means saying that makes them guilty was just saying an observation i made by walking down to the front row. I fully get the emotional thing of wanting to play and then having to go tell your players (especially the Seniors) that the game was canceled