McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

14 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Check out the article in the Kingsport news paper today.

The Kingsport Times is not 100% convinced that MCMINN is at fault, in which case the T$$AA and health depts all look bad.      I'm not saying they are right because it certainly sounds like MCMINN had at least something covid-related going on, but one thing you can be sure of is that even if MCMINN was in the clear the T$$AA would NEVER admit they screwed up.

43 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

The truth is that none this COVID crap makes sense and none of the #s add up for any of the formulas. Just forget the crap and get on with the business as usual. The TSSAA needs to grow a set and do away with all this nonsense and go back to normal crowds and games. For Pete’s sake this is no worse than the flu

33 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Ding ding ding ! We have a winner!  I always knew that you had something between those ears WACO.  

Winner winner chicken dinner :cool:

Edited by Romansfive8

1 hour ago, Tribefan98 said:

I can tell you right now that McMinn County didn’t want any part of Dobyns Bennett. You’ve played 1 good run defense all season and look what happened that game. I could argue DB’s front 7 is just as good as Maryville against the run. Jalen Hunt is in the top 5 rushing nationally only because of that trash schedule. I thought DB had a bad schedule until I looked at McMinn’s. 

Sequoyah 0-10 

McMinn Central 1-9 

Heratige 2-8 

Notre Dame 3-7

William Blount 4-6 

Ooltewah 4-6 

Bearden 4-7 (twice) 

Cleveland 5-6 

McMinn Central was 3-7....but McMinn's non-region schedule was extremely poor. 

3 hours ago, Tribefan98 said:

I can tell you right now that McMinn County didn’t want any part of Dobyns Bennett. You’ve played 1 good run defense all season and look what happened that game. I could argue DB’s front 7 is just as good as Maryville against the run. Jalen Hunt is in the top 5 rushing nationally only because of that trash schedule. I thought DB had a bad schedule until I looked at McMinn’s. 

Sequoyah 0-10 

McMinn Central 1-9 

Heratige 2-8 

Notre Dame 3-7

William Blount 4-6 

Ooltewah 4-6 

Bearden 4-7 (twice) 

Cleveland 5-6 

Lol Jalen Hunt still rushed for nearly 200 yards against Maryville and your defense isn't half as good as theirs. Alcoa proved that.  Alcoa only crossed the 50 I think three times the entire game against Maryville. That D was lights out

Edited by TnBear

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The Kingsport Times is not 100% convinced that MCMINN is at fault, in which case the T$$AA and health depts all look bad.      I'm not saying they are right because it certainly sounds like MCMINN had at least something covid-related going on, but one thing you can be sure of is that even if MCMINN was in the clear the T$$AA would NEVER admit they screwed up.

That article is by Doug Fritz. A complete boob. He must be reading CoachT because everything he said in the article has been posted here about 100 times in the past two days.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I’m going to add my 2 cents and yeah I know it’s probably not worth a hill of beans.   I wasn’t there when who ever made the decision and the only info I have is from the threads, newspaper, and radio.  If MC is in the clear and the Sullivan County health department did what they did out of precaution then the TSSAA should let them play the game.  The punishment for this debacle should be to let them play on Tuesday and whoever wins will just have to suck it up due to not having the regular amount of time to prepare for the next opponent.  Really the punishment is not having the time to prepare, but at least you could probably say the TSSAA is trying to be fair and gave the opportunity.  I hate it for those young kids who all deserve an opportunity to play.  

It would be hard on a team to play a game on Tuesday night and then go again on Friday night. Thats only two days to prepare for Maryville. Maybe if Maryville would agree to only play their second string in the second half.  Oh wait......... that's probably what they would do anyway.

4 hours ago, Tribefan98 said:

Sequoyah 0-10 

McMinn Central 1-9 

Heratige 2-8 

Notre Dame 3-7

William Blount 4-6 

Ooltewah 4-6 

Bearden 4-7 (twice) 

Cleveland 5-6 

I would be careful about supplying locker room fodder. It's not 100% certain this game won't get played. I can remember a McMinn team not nearly as good as this one coming up here and hanging a loss on us. 

27 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I would be careful about supplying locker room fodder. It's not 100% certain this game won't get played. I can remember a McMinn team not nearly as good as this one coming up here and hanging a loss on us. 

And that bad Cleveland TN he speaks of took em to the wire