Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

I think both of the area 5-A games Friday night are going to be barn burners. No telling how they will turn out!

He$&, I just wanna score a few touchdowns. If this OR team is gonna beat West, it’s not gonna be in a shootout or barnburner, trust me. We are up shi$&@ creek without a paddle if that has to happen for us to win. West can beat us scoring just 21 points. We will have to hold them to under 24 to have any kind of chance. Barn burner to me is a shootout, may be something different to you. We are just not gonna put many points on the board against West, I’m afraid.

Edited by SweetScience

11 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

He$&, I just wanna score a few touchdowns. If this OR team is gonna beat West, it’s not gonna be in a shootout or barnburner, trust me. We are up shi$&@ creek without a paddle if that has to happen for us to win. West can beat us scoring just 21 points. We will have to hold them to under 24 to have any kind of chance.

Im with you.If we can score 21 plus with our offense I will build that statue myself.For some reason we have not changed much since 1st game and I guess just hoping it eventually works.That on top of losing 2 starters on an Oline that struggles vs good defenses dont sound good for us.But Ive seen upsets before so Ill be there till the end

Edited by STILLNUM1

7 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Im with you.If we can score 21 plus with our offense I will build that statue myself.For some reason we have not changed much since 1st game and I guess just hoping it eventually works.That on top of losing 2 starters on an Oline that struggles vs good defenses dont sound good for us.But Ive seen upsets before so Ill be there till the end

If we score 21 or above, I’ll pitch in to help you build it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

He$&, I just wanna score a few touchdowns. If this OR team is gonna beat West, it’s not gonna be in a shootout or barnburner, trust me. We are up shi$&@ creek without a paddle if that has to happen for us to win. West can beat us scoring just 21 points. We will have to hold them to under 24 to have any kind of chance. Barn burner to me is a shootout, may be something different to you. We are just not gonna put many points on the board against West, I’m afraid.

Linemen, linemen, LINEMEN! That will be the key. How do we match up with them up front? As I recall, it's not too good. I agree, this will be no shootout. We will have to play our normal good defense and do something extraordinary on offense. 

I think Oak Ridge is playing as well as anyone right now...really hope West is taking Oak Ridge seriously and not overlooking them because of the first matchup. Oak Ridge had some guys out that game I think and I know theyre looking for revenge. West needs to protect the ball this go around and make sure theyre special teams are up to par bc last week was abysmal. They will need every point to win this game against Oak Ridge.

Go West

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Who are the two starters that are game changers you reference?

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I think Oak Ridge is playing as well as anyone right now...really hope West is taking Oak Ridge seriously and not overlooking them because of the first matchup. Oak Ridge had some guys out that game I think and I know theyre looking for revenge. West needs to protect the ball this go around and make sure theyre special teams are up to par bc last week was abysmal. They will need every point to win this game against Oak Ridge.

Go West

Oak Ridge was playing a lot better but Ive felt like we went right back to the same level we was vs West.Running game has took a step back in the 2 playoff games.Our defense could be a little better but we are having to use our best Dlineman on Oline some and Im worried we are gonna wear him out.2nd half offense vs Rhea Co was a lot better so maybe they found something.Getting Jackson going vs good defense would be huge

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Lol, SS, where I grew up (Western NC) a barn burner was a "down to the final horn, slobber knocking, give it he&$ battle " to the end. Had nothing to do with points except that someone was going to come out on top. Plain and simple key to your game, STOP THE RUN! Central did it to them last year in the Semi's. Loaded the box and brought the house, forced West to try to pass on them. It's why Central has been so successful at crunch time. Craney brings the house! Offenses don't like it, QB's don't like it, especially after he's been busted a couple of times.

But if you sit back and wait on the West offense to come to you, they will!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1