Dobbuns Bent-It att 825

STARSNBARS

1 minute ago, Tribefan98 said:

Tribe should come after the punt every single time. Long snapping seems to be an issue so there a better chance we block a punt than return one for a TD. 

Seriously.Better get a stop first.The greatest highlight several years ago was Maryville three and out to start the game. .The punter dropped the ball inside their own ten.When the play was over, Maryville had it first down near mid field.The punter out ran DB'S  defense for a first down.Never assume anything is a given with the Rebels.

4 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Seriously.Better get a stop first.The greatest highlight several years ago was Maryville three and out to start the game. .The punter dropped the ball inside their own ten.When the play was over, Maryville had it first down near mid field.The punter out ran DB'S  defense for a first down.Never assume anything is a given with the Rebels.

I’m just stating what I see. Farragut who looked like the worst defense I’d ever seen against DB is stopping Maryville easily. This is not trash talk or disrespect it’s just what I am seeing with my eyes. 

Edited by Tribefan98

Just now, blitzinbuc said:

D-B didn't play any of those teams during the regular season in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.....
Next?

One reason DB has a reputation of choking in the playoffs is because we used to play absolutely no competition during the regular season. We played a 3A-4A schedule and expected to compete in the 6A playoffs. 

Just now, Tribefan98 said:

One reason DB has a reputation of choking in the playoffs is because we used to play absolutely no competition during the regular season. We played a 3A-4A schedule and expected to compete in the 6A playoffs. 

I agree with that analysis as part of the reason for their demise in playoff games. And I suspect that was the reason why D-B's AD didn't want a home/away game with McMinn in 2009 and 2010 - especially after McMinn had upset D-B in the playoff game in 2008.  I'm glad that AD (if it's the same one) finally saw the light and realized the regular season schedule needed to include credible teams.

7 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

D-B didn't play any of those teams during the regular season in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.....
Next?

But did play them in home and away games in given years that you smartly did not list. I'm saying that DB as a school would not be scared to play McMinn Co. if they agreed to play teams like Maryville and Alcoa. You're post was to say DB was scared to play, and connect that to this year to say McMinn would of beat DB "if they had played" . That's pretty goofy.