Dobbuns Bent-It att 825

STARSNBARS

29 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

DB has a good run defense and is efficient, but not explosive on offense, Maryville, of course is sound on both sides of the ball.  I think the Rebels win by 17 points, unless they turn the ball over which is rare.  DB kind of fell off some at the end of the season, losing to Science Hill and Alcoa, and struggling with Cleveland. Maryville is hitting its stride at the right time, easily dumping Bradley last week. Maryvile 34 DB 17.

Now CJ ...Tha Indy-uns runned upp and down tha feeled on Farrah-gut.....:unsure:

22 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

What about Cleveland barely escaping Jack Renfro Stadium in Walland, and then taking D-B to the wire. This is why we play the games. I expect a battle.

There are two DB teams. The DB team that showed up against Oak Ridge and Farragut and the one that showed up at Science Hill and Cleveland. We’ll see which one we get on Friday night. This team usually plays up and down to the competition. 

Edited by Tribefan98

People have their opinions on the DB vs Alcoa game. Some people say they could’ve beat us 40-7 if they had a QB that could complete passes downfield. However I disagree. Overall I think we played a great game against the tornadoes. Other than 3 long passes for TD’s Alcoa didn’t have much success finding paydirt. Yes they moved the ball, but the Tribe defense came up with timely stops over and over. In one instance it was 2 and 1 deep in our territory and we ended up stuffing them on 4th down and 1, turning them over. And if DB scores at the end of the half when they have the ball 2nd and goal from the 2 we may be talking about a slim 6 point Alcoa win. Oh yeah and we got multiple first downs in the first half :roflol:

Edited by Tribefan98

11 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

People have their opinions on the DB vs Alcoa game. Some people say they could’ve beat us 40-7 if they had a QB that could complete passes downfield. However I disagree. Overall I think we played a great game against the tornadoes. Other than 3 long passes for TD’s Alcoa didn’t have much success finding paydirt. Yes they moved the ball, but the Tribe defense came up with timely stops over and over. In one instance it was 2 and 1 deep in our territory and we ended up stuffing them on 4th down and 1, turning them over. And if DB scores at the end of the half when they have the ball 2nd and goal from the 2 we may be talking about a slim 6 point Alcoa win. Oh yeah and we got multiple first downs in the first half :roflol:

Not sure which game you were watching, but I saw Alcoa's WR's get behind the defensive backs almost every play, the QB just was not accurate enough to take advantage of that.     But be that as it may, DB did play them a good game, most of Alcoa's games end up with a zero for the opposing team.

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Not sure which game you were watching, but I saw Alcoa's WR's get behind the defensive backs almost every play, the QB just was not accurate enough to take advantage of that.     But be that as it may, DB did play them a good game, most of Alcoa's games end up with a zero for the opposing team.

Wasn't one of those a defensive TD?

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB is one secondary away from giving Maryville a good game. Not bashing the kids or the coaches, just telling the truth. The only pass defense DB has is the pass rush. If Maryville holds that off then it's basically throw and catch downfield for 6.