Dobbuns Bent-It att 825

STARSNBARS

26 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

DB said to the Rebels, "You come against me with throws and runs, but I come against you in the name of the Mighty Indians, whos front line has denied entrance to the end zone. This day the Indians will hand you over , and we shall strike you down and end your reign of terror in 6a.

DB Football Playbook Ch 1 Verse 7

After reading this inspirational post I’m switching my prediction from Maryville 31-14 to Dobyns Bennett 31-14. Also I am getting Chapter 1 Verse 7 tattooed on my face. Roll Tribe. 

Edited by Tribefan98

Over the past 10 or so years Maryville has won all 6 games by an average score of 46-15.       DB Fans - if you can keep it closer than that average would that be enough to consider this a successful year?    You have already won 10 games which is something rare for a NET 5A/6A team to do....   my Boone Blazers have only had one 10 win season since 1971.

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Over the past 10 or so years Maryville has won all 6 games by an average score of 46-15.       DB Fans - if you can keep it closer than that average would that be enough to consider this a successful year?    You have already won 10 games which is something rare for a NET 5A/6A team to do....   my Boone Blazers have only had one 10 win season since 1971.

No disrespect to the Rebels but I feel like this is one of Maryville’s weaker teams. With that said, they still have the best team in the state IMO. So I think keeping it under 17 would be a success. Something like 34-20 would be a step in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I can guarantee you one thing.Maryville will play to win the game but never in all the years I've watched them,do they try to embarrass an opponent when they are the far superior team. 

7 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

No disrespect to the Rebels but I feel like this is one of Maryville’s weaker teams. With that said, they still have the best team in the state IMO. So I think keeping it under 17 would be a success. Something like 34-20 would be a step in the right direction. 

Our weak defense is giving up an average of 7 points a game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Our weak defense is giving up an average of 7 points a game. 

Defense has been rock solid. But overall Maryville has had a couple bad halves of football this year. Bearden and Bradley Central. Heck Bradley’s running back looked like Hershal Walker out there. If they give us one of those halves on Friday we could take advantage in a big way. 

10 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

Defense has been rock solid. But overall Maryville has had a couple bad halves of football this year. Bearden and Bradley Central. Heck Bradley’s running back looked like Hershal Walker out there. If they give us one of those halves on Friday we could take advantage in a big way. 

We will see. 

Well, I'm certainly not going to poke the bear .Yes the DB players must work hard and prepare just like any other game.Yes DB has a chance to win but I'm not taking anything away from what they are going up against.Maryville has a great defense and they have awesome athletes.I've never seen them unprepared by their coaches because they have always had great coaches along with great players.Now,DB has to make plays on offense and has no room for stupidity.If they can make plays and force a few mistakes by the rebels,there is always a chance to win but Maryville isn't going to just hand DB a victory.