Semis..... Waverly travels to Peabody. What's your thought?

tigers90

10 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I’m convinced that was first game that kid has ever called. Dude wasn’t old enough to grow a mustache. He needs to go home and read his referee manual and take notes. There were times when they didn’t even know what to do. The spots on the ball were bad very inconsistent 

They made some bone head calls but nothing like we saw in McKenzie.

Edited by Golddoctor

6 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

When it’s meant to be it’s just meant to be! I knew when overtime hit y’all would pull it out! 

I did too. Kinda had like a Rocky movie feel to it. When you’ve thrown all your punches, sometimes the heavyweight finds a little more at the end. Bad thing was overtime wasn’t pretty either way at the start either 

Let me just say this....

No Waverly isn’t supposed to Win against the big bad Peabody Tide.

It’s already begun... Waverly doesn’t stand a chance.... Peabody rolls to State....

but let me also say this......

Nobody thought we would be here. Waverly hasn’t been “good enough” to make it here. 

Nobody has been through more adversity than this team right here, this year.

Nobody believed lil ol Whitwell Coached by 2nd year Head Coach Boldin could beat South Pitt(2x) beat Greenback, beat Cornersville and actually win a state championship?? But they did. 

The difference between Peabody and Waverly? Experience in adversity and coming out successful. Peabody went through adversity last night. First time all year. Didn’t show me that they were resilient, it showed me that they could in fact be beat. That they had weaknesses. That maybe they just aren’t as grand as their schedule and big wins show. They can be beat.

So lil ol Waverly, here they are in the Semi Finals. With their few Seniors, mostly a starting lineup of Juniors Sophomores and Freshmen and everyone against them but the people in this town called Waverly, with their Head Coach who grew up here and played here, working and fighting to bring something to this town nobody has... a State Championship appearance and a chance to win it all. 

This kinda reminds me of the story of David and Goliath. We may not be big enough up front to win in the trenches with Peabody, but I believe in our Head Coach, our staff, our players, and this town called Waverly. That we can work hard, out play, and out smart our opponent.

Go shock the world Tigers!!! Believe! 

40 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Let me just say this....

No Waverly isn’t supposed to Win against the big bad Peabody Tide.

It’s already begun... Waverly doesn’t stand a chance.... Peabody rolls to State....

but let me also say this......

Nobody thought we would be here. Waverly hasn’t been “good enough” to make it here. 

Nobody has been through more adversity than this team right here, this year.

Nobody believed lil ol Whitwell Coached by 2nd year Head Coach Boldin could beat South Pitt(2x) beat Greenback, beat Cornersville and actually win a state championship?? But they did. 

The difference between Peabody and Waverly? Experience in adversity and coming out successful. Peabody went through adversity last night. First time all year. Didn’t show me that they were resilient, it showed me that they could in fact be beat. That they had weaknesses. That maybe they just aren’t as grand as their schedule and big wins show. They can be beat.

So lil ol Waverly, here they are in the Semi Finals. With their few Seniors, mostly a starting lineup of Juniors Sophomores and Freshmen and everyone against them but the people in this town called Waverly, with their Head Coach who grew up here and played here, working and fighting to bring something to this town nobody has... a State Championship appearance and a chance to win it all. 

This kinda reminds me of the story of David and Goliath. We may not be big enough up front to win in the trenches with Peabody, but I believe in our Head Coach, our staff, our players, and this town called Waverly. That we can work hard, out play, and out smart our opponent.

Go shock the world Tigers!!! Believe! 

What  Peabody supporter has said in this thread that waverly doesn’t stand a chance or Peabody rolls to state ?  Oh and nobody has said Peabody is big and bad.  How many waverly troll accounts will pop up this week like in 2018 and dog Peabody ?  

this isn’t whitwell or south Pitt so all of that is irrelevant  

you guys have a big back and good qb. I watched  the first waverly riverside game in person. 

oh and any team can be beat 

6 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

What  Peabody supporter has said in this thread that waverly doesn’t stand a chance or Peabody rolls to state ?  Oh and nobody has said Peabody is big and bad.  How many waverly troll accounts will pop up this week like in 2018 and dog Peabody ?  

this isn’t whitwell or south Pitt so all of that is irrelevant  

you guys have a big back and good qb. I watched  the first waverly riverside game in person. 

oh and any team can be beat

Don’t be so defensive. It was a post meant for all posters. Wasn’t directed towards Peabody posters. Where did I say “Peabody said”? Just read the thread bud. It was for the ones that have said. 

I have no control on who “trolls” or who post...

And I’d say Whitwell is relevant because that’s our head coach, Whitwell isn’t just loaded with talent, a lot of that was just good coaching. 

26 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Don’t be so defensive. It was a post meant for all posters. Wasn’t directed towards Peabody posters. Where did I say “Peabody said”? Just read the thread bud. It was for the ones that have said. 

I have no control on who “trolls” or who post...

And I’d say Whitwell is relevant because that’s our head coach, Whitwell isn’t just loaded with talent, a lot of that was just good coaching. 

Coaching and luck  I watched them play that year they shouldn’t have beat cornersville. My point is that I would weigh an opinion of a Peabody supporter more than a random.  Waverly isn’t whitwell and Peabody isn’t cornersville. The whitwell team he coached was was their once in a decade team 

39 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

This will be a close game.  Waverly's defense has been playing big for them since the Westview game.  They didn't surrender a single point to Riverside in 8 quarters of football.  That is good stuff.  

It is but riverside isn’t that great. They aren’t as good as they were last year 

25 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

It is but riverside isn’t that great. They aren’t as good as they were last year 

And what makes you say Riverside isn’t “great”? Because the only losses they have was game 1 to an Undefeated Lewis Co team who they later beat, Lexington a semi final 4A team whose only loss is to Milan by 10 points, and Waverly twice. 

35 minutes ago, Trollin said:

And what makes you say Riverside isn’t “great”? Because the only losses they have was game 1 to an Undefeated Lewis Co team who they later beat, Lexington a semi final 4A team whose only loss is to Milan by 10 points, and Waverly twice. 

I’ve watched all of those games. Lewis co is big and slow. Lexington only runs and straight ran riverside over. Peabody beat Milan who beat Lexington. 

Riversides line play isn’t as good as last year and undersized. The qb isn’t as good as last year. When you guys played riverside the first time the linebackers weren’t shedding blocks. They are down from last year. I’m not trying to take anything away from you guys. Waverly has improved because gc was bad this year and they hung with Waverly.