Playoffs - Semifinals - Oak Ridge vs South - Doyle

CardinalGrey

I didnt get to watch South Doyle last yr but I was told they was the best team in 5A last yr.He said the Central QB just would not let his team lose that playoff game.He said South Doyle is even better this yr.He said the RB gets a lot of attention and is that good but said the defense is one of the best in state.Also said the QB was as good as any QB in 5a.

9 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I didnt get to watch South Doyle last yr but I was told they was the best team in 5A last yr.He said the Central QB just would not let his team lose that playoff game.He said South Doyle is even better this yr.He said the RB gets a lot of attention and is that good but said the defense is one of the best in state.Also said the QB was as good as any QB in 5a.

Well, any team still alive is a top notch team, no getting around that. Nobody, and I mean nobody (including myself to be honest) gave us a chance against West and we saw what happened there. You just never know how things will pan out when you’re dealing with 15-18 year old HS kids. You just never can tell until the 2 teams lock horns on the gridiron. I’m hoping that us being at home will serve as a catalyst in bringing us to victory, but we shall see. Am definitely expecting a very hard fought game.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Well, any team still alive is a top notch team, no getting around that. Nobody, and I mean nobody (including myself to be honest) gave us a chance against West and we saw what happened there. You just never know how things will pan out when you’re dealing with 15-18 year old HS kids. You just never can tell until the 2 teams lock horns on the gridiron. I’m hoping that us being at home will serve as a catalyst in bringing us to victory, but we shall see. Am definitely expecting a very hard fought game.

Your right.Im hoping for some Blankenship magic.Maybe Oak Ridge will somehow pull another big win off.I hope our boys fight until the end

We have looked great all year with the exception of the Grace game. We can throw the ball well enough to keep you honest, we have some real weapons with Gary and Sissler. Defense is top notch. 

Like the Oak Ridge poster said above, nobody makes is this far by luck or because anything was given to them. I don’t think it’s going to be easy for either team, but I do look for our Kees to be playing in Cookeville next week. We respect Oak Ridge, but we’re not showing up Tonight just happy to be there. The Kees are there to win.

11 hours ago, Bill4Kees said:

I’ve seen about all I can see without responding. There will be no Asterick if the Kees fall. They have played 5A for years and have been competitive for years. The Kees have earned their way here and will earn their way to Cookeville tomorrow night. Mr.Gary and Mr.Sissler are ready to make history and they could play and start for most any school in this state. They just beat the back 2 back 5A champs Astericks at their place. Us folks South of the River are sooo proud of our kids and I promise you because I know these kids personally that not one of them is intimidated or worried about the enrollment numbers. I’ll be there tomorrow night and South Knoxville is coming with me! Here’s to a injury free football game Oak Ridge folks, the Kees are coming! 

I'll pull for the winner in Cookeville next week, but tonight I need to go with SD (2-5A) Honestly don't know how this one will go. Good luck to both teams and "may the covid not be with you!"

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bill4Kees said:

We have looked great all year with the exception of the Grace game. We can throw the ball well enough to keep you honest, we have some real weapons with Gary and Sissler. Defense is top notch. 

Like the Oak Ridge poster said above, nobody makes is this far by luck or because anything was given to them. I don’t think it’s going to be easy for either team, but I do look for our Kees to be playing in Cookeville next week. We respect Oak Ridge, but we’re not showing up Tonight just happy to be there. The Kees are there to win.

We respect South Doyle too. You just beat the two time defending state champs. Nobody in OR expects your team to just be "happy to be here"! OR doesn't feel that way either!

It should be a great game. I talked to a couple of the kids at Thanksgiving yesterday and they don’t seem to have any the nervous vibes they had last year in Semis against Central. They have a confidence this year, they are eating up the fact MOST are predicting a OR win. They were told they were suppose to lose to David Crockett and Central too. The only question I have about OR is your kicker? In close high school games having a kicker who can routinely make extra points is huge. Do the Wildcats have that?

• Like 1