Playoffs - Semifinals - Oak Ridge vs South - Doyle

CardinalGrey

26 minutes ago, Bill4Kees said:

It should be a great game. I talked to a couple of the kids at Thanksgiving yesterday and they don’t seem to have any the nervous vibes they had last year in Semis against Central. They have a confidence this year, they are eating up the fact MOST are predicting a OR win. They were told they were suppose to lose to David Crockett and Central too. The only question I have about OR is your kicker? In close high school games having a kicker who can routinely make extra points is huge. Do the Wildcats have that?

I hope they aren't nervous at all and are over confident. If you have no nerves in this game as a player, I would be shocked. I'm nervous, and I don't even play! OR has a found a kicker in recent weeks but I wouldn't say that he's great, but he's been pretty good.

34 minutes ago, Bill4Kees said:

It should be a great game. I talked to a couple of the kids at Thanksgiving yesterday and they don’t seem to have any the nervous vibes they had last year in Semis against Central. They have a confidence this year, they are eating up the fact MOST are predicting a OR win. They were told they were suppose to lose to David Crockett and Central too. The only question I have about OR is your kicker? In close high school games having a kicker who can routinely make extra points is huge. Do the Wildcats have that?

I think both teams are pretty accustomed to playing the underdog role as of late. We’ve been underdogs in more than a few games this year, so it’s nothing new. At the end of the day, the game will be settled on the field. All of the other hoopla just makes for good talk, but meaningless when it comes down to it.

• Upvote 1