Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

20 minutes ago, Allthetalk said:

I believe Alcoa wins by as much as they want in this game. I am not willing however to say they have ZERO chance to win this game because that is why you strap them up. Good luck to both teams this week and enjoy. Just having a taking a little jab at BPM from a couple weeks ago. 

I fell ya bro. Point made. Lol. 

The only reason this game is happening is because some East referee crew wanted Alcoa to have an easier state championship game so they screwed Pearl last week.  There aint no way a team gets that many yards in penalties and the in the timing that some of the flags were thrown.  Pearl got robbed by the TSSAA because the referees were bought by Alcoa last week and if nobody has the guts to say it I will.  Alcoa will beat Milan by 40 and they would be lucky to beat Pearl even with Burnetti as the coach.  

1 minute ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

The only reason this game is happening is because some East referee crew wanted Alcoa to have an easier state championship game so they screwed Pearl last week.  There aint no way a team gets that many yards in penalties and the in the timing that some of the flags were thrown.  Pearl got robbed by the TSSAA because the referees were bought by Alcoa last week and if nobody has the guts to say it I will.  Alcoa will beat Milan by 40 and they would be lucky to beat Pearl even with Burnetti as the coach.  

:roflol:

57 minutes ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

The only reason this game is happening is because some East referee crew wanted Alcoa to have an easier state championship game so they screwed Pearl last week.  There aint no way a team gets that many yards in penalties and the in the timing that some of the flags were thrown.  Pearl got robbed by the TSSAA because the referees were bought by Alcoa last week and if nobody has the guts to say it I will.  

I know I chip in a $20! :lol: 

59 minutes ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

U way over estimate PC— Milan will give Alcoa a much better game !! I don’t know if PC even made it past the fifty yard line last year!

On 11/28/2020 at 7:33 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

See this will be Milan’s 10th trip to the title game. I believe that is the most of any team from West TN. We have 4 gold and 5 silver balls. I know that it is far less than Alcoa’s but I am proud of our history and tradition. Is there a team in west TN that has been more that I am not thinking about??

No.  In West Tennseessee, not counting Division I or II, Milan has the most appearances with 10 since the current TSSAA playoffs began in 1969.  Union City and Germantown each have 7 appearances with those teams winning 4 and 3 state titles, respectively.  Lake County and Melrose have 6 appearances with 3 and 2 state titles, respectively. And Peabody has 5 appearances with 3 state titles.   So, Milan and Union City are the West teams tied with most gold balls at 4.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jmj1961 said:

No.  In West Tennseessee, not counting Division I or II, Milan has the most appearances with 10 since the current TSSAA playoffs began in 1969.  Union City and Germantown each have 7 appearances with those teams winning 4 and 3 state titles, respectively.  Lake County and Melrose have 6 appearances with 3 and 2 state titles, respectively. And Peabody has 5 appearances with 3 state titles.   So, Milan and Union City are the West teams tied with most gold balls at 4.

Awesome. Great info. 

I just now saw that Gary Rankin won his 200th game at Alcoa last week with the victory at Red Bank.  I’ve always wondered would he remain the head coach at Alcoa long enough to reach the 500 career victories plateau.  Right now he’s at 452.  That would require four more years.  In 3A football I think it’s safe to say that in 2021 and 2022 that Alcoa will be the runaway favorite to win the state championship in both years barring an unbelievable performance by someone.  How does Alcoa’s non region schedule look for the next two years and do their countless supporters on here believe that 500 will be reached on a fall evening in 2024?  Only 3 football coaches in the history of high school football have ever won 500+ games.  Only 1 has ever reached 600+ career wins.  

6 hours ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

So this is an insane theory.   Please keep under estimating us. It has served us well thus far. 

6 hours ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

:roflol:

25 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

So this is an insane theory.   Please keep under estimating us. It has served us well thus far. 

This guy has a history over the years of posting stuff just to rile up people. It’s not something he really means he just does it to get people to react. He has even resorted to racial comments in the post and stuff worse than that. I’m surprised he has not been banned yet.