Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I've watched the 1 qtr. Plan on watching the rest!

Did watch the whole South Gibson game. The DAWGS look good!:thumb:

Pearl-Cohn came out:

Ran Power and Scored.  (It was called back)

Ran Jet Sweep and Scored (#7 reversed field)

Got a stop Defensively....

Threw a Wheel route to the RB off of Jet Sweep action and Scored again 

It was 13-0 instantly and if you had told me at that time that Milan would win the game 27-13 I would have bet my life savings against it.  

The SG/Milan game was a good game until the 3rd Quarter.  The wheels just came off for SG in the second half.  Milan beat them up physically with that double FB Wildcat Offense that they put in.  

2 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Pearl-Cohn came out:

Ran Power and Scored.  (It was called back)

Ran Jet Sweep and Scored (#7 reversed field)

Got a stop Defensively....

Threw a Wheel route to the RB off of Jet Sweep action and Scored again 

It was 13-0 instantly and if you had told me at that time that Milan would win the game 27-13 I would have bet my life savings against it.  

The SG/Milan game was a good game until the 3rd Quarter.  The wheels just came off for SG in the second half.  Milan beat them up physically with that double FB Wildcat Offense that they put in.  

......Also came across the Pearl Cohn vs Alcoa game from last year. Alcoa could have beat them 49 -0 had they stuck to the things they where doing in the first half. Worst second half adjustment I've seen from Alcoa in along time? :blink:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

......Also came across the Pearl Cohn vs Alcoa game from last year. Alcoa could have beat them 49 -0 had they stuck to the things they where doing in the first half. Worst second half adjustment I've seen from Alcoa in along time? :blink:

Alcoa certainly let off the gas when they were up 27-0 and cruising at halftime.

Milan certainly has their work cut out for them but I'll be there rooting them on all the same.  

For poops and giggles, this is what I would love to see.  Oakland vs. Alcoa and Milan vs. Brentwood instead of the other way around.  I think both of those games would be very competitive.  Obviously never happen but the matchups would be pretty good I think.

14 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Milan certainly has their work cut out for them but I'll be there rooting them on all the same.  

For poops and giggles, this is what I would love to see.  Oakland vs. Alcoa and Milan vs. Brentwood instead of the other way around.  I think both of those games would be very competitive.  Obviously never happen but the matchups would be pretty good I think.

Alcoa is playing much better offensively since the Maryville game, but probably not good enough for Oakland.

39 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa is playing much better offensively since the Maryville game, but probably not good enough for Oakland.

I think the mind numbing fact about this is, We are talking about a school with probably 2500 kids in it compared to a school with 600 kids in it.... Alcoa could win that game. Under no normal circumstance should this be the case. I think this just goes to show how much of a juggernaut Alcoa is. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I think the mind numbing fact about this is, We are talking about a school with probably 2500 kids in it compared to a school with 600 kids in it.... Alcoa could win that game. Under no normal circumstance should this be the case. I think this just goes to show how much of a juggernaut Alcoa is. 

Absolutely. 

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Alcoa 661

Alcoa's opponents this season :

Blackman 2311

Maryville, 1636

Dobyns-Bennet 2268