Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

8 hours ago, harley04 said:

Bigpurple I always pull for east, Alcoa is a handful. why there wasn't running clock last year :?: If you guys are that good and refs call good game if you win I will be happy for your town. :mrgreen:

Thanks man. I think we have a really good team and we should give Alcoa all they want and then some. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 11/30/2020 at 8:04 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I looked at Sonny Moore today and they had it a 10pt spread. 

I’m going to be honest. I would take Alcoa -10 in the first half. Milan may have a good team but this is Alcoa. I hope to watch a great game and I hope Milan can pull out what would be an upset but I don’t see it happening. No where close. 

7 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Is there any way this can be watched live?

Some parts of the state will have this on local TV. Memphis has carried championship games on local TV in the past, but not this year. I subscribed to NFHS for $10.99 to watch these games in Cookeville. I've heard some negatives about their service, but last week's broadcast of the Milan-PC game was clear as a bell and was pretty good TV.

I hope that the broadcasts from Cookeville will be high quality. If I had an elephant ear from Ralph's Donut Shop, I would be set. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

4 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Some parts of the state will have this on local TV. Memphis has carried championship games on local TV in the past, but not this year. I subscribed to NFHS for $10.99 to watch these games in Cookeville. I've heard some negatives about their service, but last week's broadcast of the Milan-PC game was clear as a bell and was pretty good TV.

I hope that the broadcasts from Cookeville will be high quality. If I had an elephant ear from Ralph's Donut Shop, I would be set. 

I’ll eat one for you. Lol. 

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’ll eat one for you. Lol. 

And, I hope that you enjoy it. Also, enjoy the game. There is nothing better than seeing your high school team play for the State Title. Covington has been there 6 times in their history, and I've been there in person for 5 of those (some in Murfreesboro, some in Cookeville). We haven't won a Gold Ball yet, but as I tell people, there are a lot of teams in this state who would love to be the second-place team in Tennessee.

I really, really want you guys to knock off Alcoa. We gave it our best shot in 2018 and came as close as any 3A team has recently to knocking them off. I think they were doing a little sweating over on their sideline late in that game. Somebody has to beat Alcoa eventually. Why not Milan, and why not this year?        

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Wonder why Memphis channel isn’t showing the games this year?? That stinks!!

4 minutes ago, bglass said:

Wonder why Memphis channel isn’t showing the games this year?? That stinks!!

I'm not sure. Maybe because SCS didn't play football football this year? Lack of a sponsor? Anyway, $10.99 is pretty cheap, cheaper than a drive to Cookeville and a game ticket. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN