Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 minutes ago, SteveFlynn said:

I agree with the methodical approach mentioned but it could come fast and furious as well. Milan won't score more than 7 points all game against this Alcoa defense. They haven't seen anything like it. And Alicia's offense is in top gear right now. Let's all just go ahead and admit it finally. There are no other 3A schools that can compete with Alcoa right now. They are undeniably the cream of the crop.

No doubt Alcoa deserves all the respect in the world. But no one in Milan is going to say they can’t compete. Anyone with that attitude is beat before the game even starts. This team believes in themselves and are going to give Alcoa hades for 48 mins and see where the chips fall. 

And well they should BPM. A team should be proud to make it to the championship game. It's just a shame the 3A school has to go up against the likes of Alcoa. But I've got a feeling that Alcoa will be moving up at least one classification before too much longer. Since the new highschool was built the attendance has been rapidly rising

48 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No doubt Alcoa deserves all the respect in the world. But no one in Milan is going to say they can’t compete. Anyone with that attitude is beat before the game even starts. This team believes in themselves and are going to give Alcoa hades for 48 mins and see where the chips fall. 

Milan can do a lot of things on both sides of the ball. Brown is a Swiss army knife type of player.  Thier QB can pass or run, it doesn't matter. Their line wore out our line, no other team done that. Most D-lines refused to hit us straight up, they submarine to the ground to clog the hole and allow thier LB to do the damage. Plus, IMO, they have the second best RB in West Tennessee.

Edited by 1Eugatnom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1Eugatnom said:

Milan can do a lot of things on both sides of the ball. Brown is a Swiss army knife type of player.  Thier QB can pass or run, it doesn't matter. Their line wore out our line, no other time done that. Most D-lines refused to hit us straight up, they submarine to the ground to clog the hole and allow thier LB to do the damage. Plus, IMO, they have the second best RB in West Tennessee.

Thank you for the kind words. At the beginning of the year I thought line play on both sides of the ball was our weakness. Now it is one of our strengths. This team does not necessarily have a weakness. Although Alcoa May make it look like we do there isn’t necessarily one area that I would say we are deficient in at this point. It is a complete team. And we are 100% healthy. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thank you for the kind words. At the beginning of the year I thought line play on both sides of the ball was our weakness. Now it is one of our strengths. This team does not necessarily have a weakness. Although Alcoa May make it look like we do there isn’t necessarily one area that I would say we are deficient in at this point. It is a complete team. And we are 100% healthy. 

We used to play travel ball with one of your lineman. He was actually matched up with my son most of the night. That kid is a beast. I watch a lot of film, Milan has enough tools to surprise everyone in Cookeville. I will say this, they don't play physical on a consistent basis. But, they seem to play to the level of competition also. When they play physical, watch out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1Eugatnom said:

We used to play travel ball with one of your lineman. He was actually matched up with my son most of the night. That kid is a beast. I watch a lot of film, Milan has enough tools to surprise everyone in Cookeville. I will say this, they don't play physical on a consistent basis. But, they seem to play to the level of competition also. When they play physical, watch out.

Playing the the level of our competition has required us to play big boy ball. Our competition has been Weatview, South Gibson (twice), Covington, Lexington, Hardin Co. Peabody, Pearl Cohn, etc. I respect your opinion but I just don’t think it’s possible to compete with these teams if you not physical consistently. To each his own though. 

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Playing the the level of our competition has required us to play big boy ball. Our competition has been Weatview, South Gibson (twice), Covington, Lexington, Hardin Co. Peabody, Pearl Cohn, etc. I respect your opinion but I just don’t think it’s possible to compete with these teams if you not physical consistently. To each his own though. 

Go back and watch the HC. You guys were not physical. Just calling it honest. I'm in y'alls corner, but I know I'm right.

11 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

This is something to note. This is the first that Milan has played outside of its brand spanking new stadium since the regular season. Will the Dogs be able to bring that same passion, energy, and juice to the field when they are not playing at Johnnie Hale? I believe they will. Will it be enough? That is the question.

I know that Milan is going to miss collecting the gate money from the reduced crowds and JH this coming game.... I guess they are going to have to give out more speeding tickets.... BE CAREFUL IF YOU COMING THROUGH MILAN!!! I have had 1 speeding ticket in my entire life and I got it coming into Milan. 

Milan loves their town and they want you to see it for a long time!!! Drive too fast and you will have to the town and the judge! 

Come on dude give it a break. This is not about you. This is  about the two teams that made to the championship game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

As they should BPM!:thumb:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Come on dude give it a break. This is not about you. This is  about the two teams that made to the championship game.

Ole ManofMillions isn’t a bad dude BC. He’s a South Gibson homer but a pretty cool cat otherwise. He can throw shots at Milan with the best of em cause we are rivals. But always gives credit where it’s due. 

9 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ole ManofMillions isn’t a bad dude BC. He’s a South Gibson homer but a pretty cool cat otherwise. He can throw shots at Milan with the best of em cause we are rivals. But always gives credit where it’s due. 

Yea, I understand, but this is Milans time. Be supportive, they got beat time to move on.....

• Upvote 1