Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Playing the the level of our competition has required us to play big boy ball. Our competition has been Weatview, South Gibson (twice), Covington, Lexington, Hardin Co. Peabody, Pearl Cohn, etc. I respect your opinion but I just don’t think it’s possible to compete with these teams if you not physical consistently. To each his own though. 

BPM I looked back at your record and saw the first game score vs Peabody. Are they just that good or what happened in that 1

14 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

BPM I looked back at your record and saw the first game score vs Peabody. Are they just that good or what happened in that 1

So I will be completely honest here. Peabody is very good. They have 4 coaches on staff with head coaching experience. 3 have been head coaches in semi final and championship games. One is a tssaa hall of famer and he isn’t even the head coach. Being the first game for Milan with a new coaching staff and not having any scrimmages really hurt us. They had the advantage no doubt. But we also had three current starters that didn’t play in that game that would be current qb Hayden Sullivan, we/db DJ Smith who will be playing on Saturday next year and running back Gy’derius Easley. Easley is a handful. With those three in the game and a few more weeks of prep I think that game is a different story. You can ask the tide coachT supporters and they will tell you they got Milan at the right time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yo @Booger you coming to this game?  Would be good to hang with ya for a bit as long as you don’t wear your goon shirt and lipstick. I’ll even bring ya a Milan shirt. :)

I know the Dline coach is chomping at the bits to play this game, he had a scoop and score against Alcoa in 2012 if i can remember 

Just now, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I know the Dline coach is chomping at the bits to play this game, he had a scoop and score against Alcoa in 2012 if i can remember 

That would be Christian Coleman and he is a former SEC D lineman. Big ole boy. We played Alcoa in ‘08 and ‘09. In ‘08 we lost 28-14 and he had the scoop and score in that game. I think it was off a blocked punt. 

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Come on dude give it a break. This is not about you. This is  about the two teams that made to the championship game.

Are you always this sensitive? I was trying to add a little humor to the conversation... smh...  Whatever tornado guy. Speaking of breaks, I would be a little worried if I were you that your state championship streak is about to break. 

loosen up a little...  just having some fun. 

Edited by ManOfMillions
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That would be Christian Coleman and he is a former SEC D lineman. Big ole boy. We played Alcoa in ‘08 and ‘09. In ‘08 we lost 28-14 and he had the scoop and score in that game. I think it was off a blocked punt. 

I knew it was one of them years i couldn’t remember. I just know he excited to now coach against em lol

Just now, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I knew it was one of them years i couldn’t remember. I just know he excited to now coach against em lol

Yes the whole staff and town are fired up but I imagine him especially would have some extra motivation. This coaching staff has made it known from day one that the goal was to knock off the Tornadoes. Now they got their chance. 

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So I will be completely honest here. Peabody is very good. They have 4 coaches on staff with head coaching experience. 3 have been head coaches in semi final and championship games. One is a tssaa hall of famer and he isn’t even the head coach. Being the first game for Milan with a new coaching staff and not having any scrimmages really hurt us. They had the advantage no doubt. But we also had three current starters that didn’t play in that game that would be current qb Hayden Sullivan, we/db DJ Smith who will be playing on Saturday next year and running back Gy’derius Easley. Easley is a handful. With those three in the game and a few more weeks of prep I think that game is a different story. You can ask the tide coachT supporters and they will tell you they got Milan at the right time. 

Well said my man. I agree 100% with this. Milan got way better from the start of the season till now. I think the covid crap really hurt Milan early as well. They were very limited in everything as far as practice goes. This can be said for all teams but, Milan was in a completely new system from top to bottom and the coaches did not have any real live game experience to make adjustments and corrections. The tide absolutely caught Milan at the right time. This is by no means a knock on Peabody, they are about to play for the Gold for the 3rd year in a row.... They are also really, really, good.