Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

8 hours ago, TFLpride said:

I said before this game it’d take a 4 quarter game. And we played a quarter in a half. You could see the energy gone after that long td was called back. Meigs loses a lot once again but I think will have another good chance to return to this game. Hats off to Peabody. 

Meigs was forced to do some things they were not accustomed to doing.  They threw us off balance with their passing game.  Coach Fitz did a good job with adjustments in the 2nd half.  If Meigs don't drop those passes, it could have been a closer game. but the best team did win.  Hats off to coach Jacobs and his staff for preparing our guys for this game.  One year at a time but the future looks bright.

5 hours ago, pujo said:

Think all of us old timers knew who the team to beat was, Meigs killed themselves today, play calling was bad the whole 1st half ,didn't field punts or kickoffs, just didn't play near their potential. They was a good team, You guys were better but not as much as the score showed. I'm sure when the coaches watch the game film ,they are gonna see a lot of unforced boo boo's.

Boo boos on both teams.  No excuses.  Meigs dropped passes.  WE dropped 2 pick sixes.  But the better team rose to the top

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Congrats to Peabody. Obviously the better team. Peabody obviously with the early breaks with the fumble by Ganoway that didn’t count, the big time punt by Peabody that backed Meigs up and the Meigs TD called back. And the fact that Meigs defense was nowhere near as physical as the Peabody defense. Vaughn was big as well as both Ganoway and Driggers. Meigs fought back but Peabody just to much. Big time program!! Proud of them!!

Thx Pioneer42

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Should also have to do with being a great student and role model, I'm betting you're kid fits the bill. Big time sports is out of hand in a BIG way, half the kids in College are not held accountable ,heck even High schools are guilty,  the days of student Athlete is a BIG joke. Shoot I've pretty much given up on watching it. 

Our kids are good students also.  Some not.  But most are.  Next ?

3 hours ago, pujo said:

You saw the same game I did, they mixed it up a lot more against us, It was like they were being stubborn. They did a MUCH better job in the 2ond half.

Fitz made good adjustment too late.  Both teams made mistakes.  Im glad the chop block was called.  I saw this guy do this on film.  Good football player but dirty at times.  Just saying.  Stubborn, maybe.  The best team won.  We would win 5 out of 6 every time.  Everyone said Peabody had a weak schedule.  Said Meigs would hit us in the mouth.  When will you guys get the message.  Good players plus good coaches = Gold Balls..................

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not taking anything away from Meigs, but if they'd played the second half in the first Jacobs, Vowell, and the staff would've taken that away in the second half. Peabody wins a lot of games by just being better... they usually win the close games with coaching, and halftime adjustments to be more specific. Doesn't hurt that they can wear down most teams until what wasn't working early will work late either.

Plus it is hard to keep that same fight when you are up 28-0.  I give Meigs credit not giving up.  Too little too late.  Peabody played lights out.  Could have won 3 straight in 3A if the Alcoa was not....................................................................well you know.  Recruiting

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Absolutely nothing went Meigs way in the 1st half, were playing uphill the whole time because of mistakes. Was far from their normal game. Peabody would win this game 8 times outta  10, but if Meigs would have played a somewhat clean game and mixed it up more, it would have been a much better game. 

Peabody could not get out of their own way early in the game.  But they finally settled down.

2 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I’m not sure exactly which team you represent, but I am going to guess Milan which has a great program.  The comment about Peabody stepping up to play Alcoa was not from a Greeneville Fan.  I do believe you have a little more class inside of yourself and could’ve used a more professional approach/wording to address the comment.

Fact - 2016 Betsy played Alcoa in the Qtr finals and lost 14-17.

Facts - 2011 Greeneville played Alcoa and beat them 42-14.  2012 Greeneville played Alcoa and lost 42-0.  They split.

I wasn’t present and think it’s safe to say you weren’t either when Alcoa contacted the following teams (listed by BCSFan) to try and schedule game.  I will add that Greeneville, and I also think it’s safe to say that Betsy is not afraid to play Alcoa, nor any team in the state of TN for that matter.  I can’t speak for the rest of the teams on that list.   I, nor do you know the circumstances/understand why they declined.  Perhaps the dates provided by Alcoa that needed to be filled had already been filled by the other teams and that’s why?  Again, I don’t know why and nor you. 

- Peabody is a very solid a team.  They are without a doubt the #1 team in 2A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Peabody would have put up a fight if they had played Alcoa, Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville this year, but they wouldn’t have beaten either.  

- Milan is a very solid a team. They are without a doubt the # 2 team in 3A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Milan put up a good fight against Alcoa, but they’re not quiet there yet.  I mean no disrespect.  If Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville would had played Milan this year I do not believe it would have been close.  

All of these teams - Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, Greeneville, and Maryville are loaded will talent at the starting level and as well with the back ups waiting to step in.  They all have great coaching staffs and weight room/conditioning programs. They may lose a game or two here and there, but even in a down year or a rebuilding year they’re always going to be tough and probably be able to hold their own with the best of the best.

For the foreseeable future I would expect Peabody, Milan to continue being contenders, but beating an Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, or Greeneville is probably going to be a very tall task.  Nothing is impossible and that’s why the game is played, but let’s all show some respect to each an every team that get’s out on that field and their respective fans.

I love you my friend and I hope you have blessed future.

Nice post that makes a lot of sense.  

Peabody’s Sophomore QB managed a great game.  I had concerns but he did fantastic. I mentioned in earlier post Peabody needed to rely on Vaughan.  They did and he produced. Peabody won the battle in the trenches hands down. Bottom line the difference was speed.  I think for Meigs to get to another level they must implement a passing game.  They are too predictable and rely on the o line for the run game.  That’s fine but you got to open up the run game with passing against tough opponents.
 Back to an earlier comment about Coach T rankings.  When I view the schedule section teams are always ranked.  Hampton was ranked 1 until they lost.  Trousdale was 2 the week they played Meigs. No biggie just an observation.  I love Coach T’s site.  

Edited by Chazmo

8 hours ago, ElGoat said:

Nah. You said 35-7 in your first sentence. Peabody never subbed. 
I bet you were pissed the game was played after you tried spreading false rumors about us to try and cancel it. Must be so depressing being a mcminn fan. Thank God I’ll never be one. 

Good post. Meigs County is Meigs County. Good, bad, win or when seldom we lose we are Meigs County. For those who try to sneak in and hurt us we see you. God Bless America and ALWAYS Go Tigers