Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Guy was a dude stud. Besides the pick he played a good game and ran hard at us. I agree, if they came out and did what they were doing a little in the second half it very well could’ve been a different game. Meadows ran hard but we keyed him and wanted to take him away. The middle of the field for Meigs was open for slants in the first half but very few chances were taken there and when it was taken they got a result from it. 

You saw the same game I did, they mixed it up a lot more against us, It was like they were being stubborn. They did a MUCH better job in the 2ond half.

10 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Guy was a dude stud. Besides the pick he played a good game and ran hard at us. I agree, if they came out and did what they were doing a little in the second half it very well could’ve been a different game. Meadows ran hard but we keyed him and wanted to take him away. The middle of the field for Meigs was open for slants in the first half but very few chances were taken there and when it was taken they got a result from it. 

I would have liked to see that # 9 for you guys run it a time or 2. That kid is a HOSS.

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

You saw the same game I did, they mixed it up a lot more against us, It was like they were being stubborn. They did a MUCH better job in the 2ond half.

Meigs definitely played better in the second half and for a while it seemed Peabody started playing a little more keep it in front of you type of defense. Overall a good game to watch. A lot of talent on the field for sure. Peabody was just the better team today. 

15 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Not taking anything away from Meigs, but if they'd played the second half in the first Jacobs, Vowell, and the staff would've taken that away in the second half. Peabody wins a lot of games by just being better... they usually win the close games with coaching, and halftime adjustments to be more specific. Doesn't hurt that they can wear down most teams until what wasn't working early will work late either.

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Meigs definitely played better in the second half and for a while it seemed Peabody started playing a little more keep it in front of you type of defense. Overall a good game to watch. A lot of talent on the field for sure. Peabody was just the better team today. 

Absolutely nothing went Meigs way in the 1st half, were playing uphill the whole time because of mistakes. Was far from their normal game. Peabody would win this game 8 times outta  10, but if Meigs would have played a somewhat clean game and mixed it up more, it would have been a much better game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Not taking anything away from Meigs, but if they'd played the second half in the first Jacobs, Vowell, and the staff would've taken that away in the second half. Peabody wins a lot of games by just being better... they usually win the close games with coaching, and halftime adjustments to be more specific. Doesn't hurt that they can wear down most teams until what wasn't working early will work late either.

When y’all were up 14-0 and started passing instead of staying with the run I told a buddy I wasn’t sure why y’all would do that unless it was to give Meigs more to try to adjust to at halftime because the run game was working well. 

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Absolutely nothing went Meigs way in the 1st half, were playing uphill the whole time because of mistakes. Was far from their normal game. Peabody would win this game 8 times outta  10, but if Meigs would have played a somewhat clean game and mixed it up more, it would have been a much better game. 

I believe 1A is smoked for a couple years at least lol. 

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Wasn't just play calling, couldn't field kick offs or punts. Elementary things.

Just now, crow said:

When y’all were up 14-0 and started passing instead of staying with the run I told a buddy I wasn’t sure why y’all would do that unless it was to give Meigs more to try to adjust to at halftime because the run game was working well. 

Different Black & Gold, but an honest mistake. Peabody has a first rate staff, and probably didn't want to limit themselves.

8 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Absolutely right. That pick 6 was just Tab Vowell special. Left the middle open and at the right time had a man spy that middle. Just by watching his defense he  leaves stuff there and will take that away in crunch times. I don’t want that to sound ludicrous but I’ve seen him do it a lot and it pays out for his D.