Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

I want to congratulate my R7 rivals on yet another State Championship. I was traveling all day yesterday and didn't get to watch this game. I was never in doubt of the outcome. Peabody is in that groove right now with the coaching, kids and community all on the same page. I don't see anything changing for the next couple of years. 1A...... There's a new sheriff in town...... They call themselves, the Tide Men. Congratulations again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Postgame thoughts:

I expected this to be two evenly matched teams and little things to sway the outcome. Penalties, turnovers, special teams, etc. 

I was right, but also a little off. If Peabody is a 10, Meigs is an 8.3 or so. Peabody has several guys that can hurt you, just a few more than Meigs did. I think everyone picked up on this after a couple offensive series from each team. Meigs needed every break to go their way, and really the opposite happened. The pass play that would've made it 7-7 was wonderfully designed and executed. Seemed like a ticky tack penalty. I know the feeling lol.   

Meigs O line  got beaten the entire first half. They tried some diff things to get Meadows going, but none of them really worked. 

Also first half, Peabody's O line did just enough to get Ganaway past the first level, then Meigs back 7 struggled to bring him down.  I personally thought Ganaway was the POTG. Repeatedly he delivered on 3rd and 4th in the first half when the game was in doubt.  

The second half was more a result of Peabody being content to give up a lot of short yardage, but not the big play, than anything else. Give Meigs credit. They never quit. Their kids battled to the end. Getting to Cookeville ONCE is a great thing. These guys lost a Mr Football and got there 2 straight years. They waded thru the TC/Watertown region TWICE in the playoffs.  I enjoyed watching Meigs continue to fight, but I never felt they would win. But they DID keep battling. Taking it one play at a time. The fans kept cheering.The sidelines kept encouraging. THAT is why we love this game. No quit in those Tigers at ALL.   

Peabody is so fun to watch. Their swagger, and almost an expectation of winning. I'd LOVE to have seen them against the Marion Co 2015/2016 teams. So many great matchups would've happened. 

Congrats to both teams, fans, and programs. It was a beautiful day for a game. It was also a miracle if you think back to the summer, when we were wondering if we would even have a season. These two programs embody why we are so crazy about this sport!! Every kid has a story and a family, and a community, cheering, feeling proud that they know the kid, feeling honored to have a chance to influence the kid, etc.  

These two special teams gave us joy, when we really needed it. I hope that's what we remember. 

Great post 

24 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I want to congratulate my R7 rivals on yet another State Championship. I was traveling all day yesterday and didn't get to watch this game. I was never in doubt of the outcome. Peabody is in that groove right now with the coaching, kids and community all on the same page. I don't see anything changing for the next couple of years. 1A...... There's a new sheriff in town...... They call themselves, the Tide Men. Congratulations again.

Lucky for the current 7AA teams. 

3 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

The Tide Men  I like it 

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Postgame thoughts:

I expected this to be two evenly matched teams and little things to sway the outcome. Penalties, turnovers, special teams, etc. 

I was right, but also a little off. If Peabody is a 10, Meigs is an 8.3 or so. Peabody has several guys that can hurt you, just a few more than Meigs did. I think everyone picked up on this after a couple offensive series from each team. Meigs needed every break to go their way, and really the opposite happened. The pass play that would've made it 7-7 was wonderfully designed and executed. Seemed like a ticky tack penalty. I know the feeling lol.   

Meigs O line  got beaten the entire first half. They tried some diff things to get Meadows going, but none of them really worked. 

Also first half, Peabody's O line did just enough to get Ganaway past the first level, then Meigs back 7 struggled to bring him down.  I personally thought Ganaway was the POTG. Repeatedly he delivered on 3rd and 4th in the first half when the game was in doubt.  

The second half was more a result of Peabody being content to give up a lot of short yardage, but not the big play, than anything else. Give Meigs credit. They never quit. Their kids battled to the end. Getting to Cookeville ONCE is a great thing. These guys lost a Mr Football and got there 2 straight years. They waded thru the TC/Watertown region TWICE in the playoffs.  I enjoyed watching Meigs continue to fight, but I never felt they would win. But they DID keep battling. Taking it one play at a time. The fans kept cheering.The sidelines kept encouraging. THAT is why we love this game. No quit in those Tigers at ALL.   

Peabody is so fun to watch. Their swagger, and almost an expectation of winning. I'd LOVE to have seen them against the Marion Co 2015/2016 teams. So many great matchups would've happened. 

Congrats to both teams, fans, and programs. It was a beautiful day for a game. It was also a miracle if you think back to the summer, when we were wondering if we would even have a season. These two programs embody why we are so crazy about this sport!! Every kid has a story and a family, and a community, cheering, feeling proud that they know the kid, feeling honored to have a chance to influence the kid, etc.  

These two special teams gave us joy, when we really needed it. I hope that's what we remember. 

Good post General. I hear that your Rockets will be coming to Marion Co next year. Hope to see you there.

2 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Does Peabody lose a lot of seniors? I know my cousin number 21 is one and draquan idk who else though

Jones and some linemen as well,we have some huge kids that are sophomores that will reload the line and the skill guys will still be in beast mode as well as some studs coming down the pipeline that will be freshman next year as well !!

18 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Jones and some linemen as well,we have some huge kids that are sophomores that will reload the line and the skill guys will still be in beast mode as well as some studs coming down the pipeline that will be freshman next year as well !!

8th grade qb is a baller 

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Postgame thoughts:

Absolutely great post!

4 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Thx Swo.  I will miss our rivalry.  Good luck to UC.  We are now officially equal to that amazing program!