Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Absolutely right. That pick 6 was just Tab Vowell special. Left the middle open and at the right time had a man spy that middle. Just by watching his defense he  leaves stuff there and will take that away in crunch times. I don’t want that to sound ludicrous but I’ve seen him do it a lot and it pays out for his D. 

Kid made a good play but he was no where near the receiver.

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

Kid made a good play but he was no where near the receiver.

I know it was a bad thrown ball, I’m just saying because in the first half he would have 14 back in coverage and on that play he had him in the middle I guess for that slant. I’m just going by what I think he saw in there lol either way without that TD pick 6 a different game 

Edited by Goldenpride

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

I know it was a bad thrown ball, I’m just saying because in the first half he would have 14 back in coverage and on that play he had him in the middle I guess for that slant. I’m just going by what I think he say in there lol either way without that TD pick 6 a different game 

Whatever the case ,it worked like a charm, one of the very biggest plays in the game.

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Here’s a post from the Milan vs Alcoa thread that shows who Alcoa has contacted for games the next two years. Looks like your Devils are chicken. So step up to the plate sissy boy or shut your pie hole!!!

I’m not sure exactly which team you represent, but I am going to guess Milan which has a great program.  The comment about Peabody stepping up to play Alcoa was not from a Greeneville Fan.  I do believe you have a little more class inside of yourself and could’ve used a more professional approach/wording to address the comment.

Fact - 2016 Betsy played Alcoa in the Qtr finals and lost 14-17.

Facts - 2011 Greeneville played Alcoa and beat them 42-14.  2012 Greeneville played Alcoa and lost 42-0.  They split.

I wasn’t present and think it’s safe to say you weren’t either when Alcoa contacted the following teams (listed by BCSFan) to try and schedule game.  I will add that Greeneville, and I also think it’s safe to say that Betsy is not afraid to play Alcoa, nor any team in the state of TN for that matter.  I can’t speak for the rest of the teams on that list.   I, nor do you know the circumstances/understand why they declined.  Perhaps the dates provided by Alcoa that needed to be filled had already been filled by the other teams and that’s why?  Again, I don’t know why and nor you. 

- Peabody is a very solid a team.  They are without a doubt the #1 team in 2A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Peabody would have put up a fight if they had played Alcoa, Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville this year, but they wouldn’t have beaten either.  

- Milan is a very solid a team. They are without a doubt the # 2 team in 3A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Milan put up a good fight against Alcoa, but they’re not quiet there yet.  I mean no disrespect.  If Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville would had played Milan this year I do not believe it would have been close.  

All of these teams - Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, Greeneville, and Maryville are loaded will talent at the starting level and as well with the back ups waiting to step in.  They all have great coaching staffs and weight room/conditioning programs. They may lose a game or two here and there, but even in a down year or a rebuilding year they’re always going to be tough and probably be able to hold their own with the best of the best.

For the foreseeable future I would expect Peabody, Milan to continue being contenders, but beating an Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, or Greeneville is probably going to be a very tall task.  Nothing is impossible and that’s why the game is played, but let’s all show some respect to each an every team that get’s out on that field and their respective fans.

I love you my friend and I hope you have blessed future.

Edited by Romansfive8

3 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I’m not sure exactly which team you represent, but I am going to guess Milan which has a great program.  The comment about Peabody stepping up to play Alcoa was not from a Greeneville Fan.  I do believe you have a little more class inside of yourself and could’ve used a more professional approach/wording to address the comment.

Facts - 2011 Greeneville played Alcoa and beat them 42-14.  2012 Greeneville played Alcoa and lost 42-0.  They split.

I wasn’t present and think it’s safe to say you weren’t either when Alcoa contacted the following teams (listed by BCSFan) to try and schedule game.  I will add that Greeneville, and I also think it’s safe to say that Betsy is not afraid to play Alcoa, nor any team in the state of TN for that matter.  I can’t speak for the rest of the teams on that list.   I, nor do you know the circumstances/understand why they declined.  Perhaps the dates provided by Alcoa that needed to be filled had already been filled by the other teams and that’s why?  Again, I don’t know why and nor you. 

- Peabody is a very solid a team.  They are without a doubt the #1 team in 2A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Peabody would have put up a fight if they had played Alcoa, Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville this year, but they wouldn’t have beaten either.  

- Milan is a very solid a team. They are without a doubt the # 2 team in 3A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Milan put up a good fight against Alcoa, but their not quiet there yet.  I mean no disrespect.  If Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville would had played Milan this year I do not believe it would have been close.  

All of these teams - Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, Greeneville, and Maryville are loaded will talent at the starting level and as well with the back ups waiting to step in.  They all have great coaching staffs and weight room/conditioning programs. They may lose a game or two here and there, but even in a down year or a rebuilding year they’re always going to be tough and probably be able to hold their own with the best of the best.

For the foreseeable future I would expect Peabody, Milan to continue being contenders, but beating an Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, or Greeneville is probably going to be a very tall task.  Nothing is impossible and that’s why the game is played, but let’s all show some respect to each an every team that get’s out on that field and their respective fans.

Good post, thanks for the shout out. We know our lane and it was probably a troll that said that. We respect all of these great storied programs you listed, and even would love to have half the accomplishments they all have had. It’s kids that keeps guys like all of us on here to talk about them and congratulate the successes they have had over the years and in the present. Win or lose I would’ve been a proud alumni of Peabody. Meigs fought till the last whistle. I remember the years we were there the Greeneville faithful would show up and show out, and had a great tradition and mighty fine ball club. Good luck to y’all in the future!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

- Milan is a very solid a team. They are without a doubt the # 2 team in 3A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Milan put up a good fight against Alcoa, but they’re not quiet there yet.  I mean no disrespect.  If Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville would had played Milan this year I do not believe it would have been close.  

Peabody played milan in week 1 lol 34-13 was the final.

8 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I never doubted how good Peabody was. I knew it would take a near perfect game for Meigs to upset them.  Proud of Meigs for not quitting and putting a little bit of a scare in Peabody in the 4th.  Two good teams, but Peabody was better.  Congratulations to them!

Two good teams who both deserved to be there.  Hats off to Meigs.  Only 2 teams in 2A made it to this party the last 2 years

8 hours ago, TFLpride said:

I said before this game it’d take a 4 quarter game. And we played a quarter in a half. You could see the energy gone after that long td was called back. Meigs loses a lot once again but I think will have another good chance to return to this game. Hats off to Peabody. 

Thx.  Good luck to Meigs next year. 

8 hours ago, Chazmo said:

Peabody dominated every aspect of this game. No contest.  McKenzie is the second best 2A team in the state 

I think Peabody made McKenzie look good.  We had several missed opportunities.   But don't get me wrong, the Rebels were the real deal. They could have beaten Meigs in a very close game.  But I don't know if they were better than Meigs.  After seeing them in person, Im convinced they may have been a good tie with McKenzie.  McKenzie played us twice and they knew how to game plan for us.  If Peabody complete two more passes, they win by 2 tds.  But as I said, McKenzie is the real deal.