6A Championship Oakland vs. Brentwood

MidTennFootball

2 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Guess is 7k in bleachers packed in and 12k if counting around the fence and on our hill beside bleachers.  Average Maryville game is 9k-10k and there is still a little room for more

From some of the pictures I've seen, that sounds about right. Looks like a great place to play

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

From some of the pictures I've seen, that sounds about right. Looks like a great place to play

It’s a nice field. The home side can see all the way to the real Rocky Top (not that fake one in Coal Creek/Lake City) on the TN//NC State Line. There is a brand new hotel that just opened, plenty of restaurants, Heck we need Blount County to host the state game like we did in 1977!

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

It’s a nice field. The home side can see all the way to the real Rocky Top (not that fake one in Coal Creek/Lake City) on the TN//NC State Line. There is a brand new hotel that just opened, plenty of restaurants, Heck we need Blount County to host the state game like we did in 1977!

Well if I remember right, bids are gonna be taken on hosting the state championships this off-season......

18 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

What does that mean? Was he not a good acquisition? I think he was. Did we fall all the way to four. I’ll take it in what everybody said would be a down year! 

Your statement implies we went out and "recruited" him.  If this was your meaning then it was just a baseless cheap shot you took.  And yes I did see some teams in the playoffs and throughout the season that I thought were better than Maryville.

2 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Your statement implies we went out and "recruited" him.  If this was your meaning then it was just a baseless cheap shot you took.  And yes I did see some teams in the playoffs and throughout the season that I thought were better than Maryville.

Sensitive much?  If it wasn't a baseless cheap shot, then you overreacted. 

Like I said, it was supposed to be a down year. We weren't even supposed to beat Alcoa. 

Let's get off the team I follow and get back on topic.

I think he was a good addition to Oakland's football team. I wish he wanted to relocate closer to the mountains of East Tennessee. Doesn't he have a year left? 

976427eebcce3aea6092870e3490c11b.jpg

Like I said, it was supposed to be a down year. We weren't even supposed to beat Alcoa. 

I think he was a good addition to Oakland's football team. I wish he wanted to relocate closer to the mountains of East Tennessee. Doesn't he have a year left? 

Almost all defense and about half of offense will return.   2 and 3 will be seniors next year.   

Yes, he is a special player for sure.  Oakland, like Maryville doesn't have to recruit.  Success breeds success.  Parents with children that are great players oftentimes want to come here to Oakland for the exposure they will get to good coaching and top level college scouts.  Maryville had a down year for them but I'm sure will be back in short order.  

Horton, Patterson and James are all juniors and will all be back next year hopefully.  I don't really see any reason they wouldn't.  Oakland should be a force to reckon with next year as well.  Who knows though, lots of time between now and then and anything could happen.