Summit Moving on up...

Rerun92

I'm a bit surprised at these responses.  Most schools in similar situations, make the post-season but never past 3rd round.  Do we think Summit has a chance to win it all?  

I'm not trying to stir the pot btw, It was just something that occurred to me when I realized they were moving up. 

I personally think they may be able to next year because the twins are so impressive, but i'm not sure about in the long-term.

18 minutes ago, guthook said:

I'm a bit surprised at these responses.  Most schools in similar situations, make the post-season but never past 3rd round.  Do we think Summit has a chance to win it all?  

I'm not trying to stir the pot btw, It was just something that occurred to me when I realized they were moving up. 

I personally think they may be able to next year because the twins are so impressive, but i'm not sure about in the long-term.

Well, to be fair you did say “next year”, not long term. So, the answer to your question for next year, is yes. In the long run, who knows? 

16 minutes ago, guthook said:

Will they be competitive? Absolutely. Will they win a championship? Probably not. Will they be successful long term? I think they will.

If there was an ideal year for them to get acclimated to moving up, this would be it. They have a scheme that translates well to playoff success. You got to able to win the LOS and Summit does that pretty well. With the addition of Summit, 7-6A is the best region in the state, full stop. Every team that makes the playoffs will be tested and there will probably be a pretty good team that doesn't even make it