2021 3A

SSHawks12

10 minutes ago, SquatchU said:

Just wait when the Squatch steps on the field against those backwoods Jackson County Devils. You are about to get introduced to some serious football and you and your kind will be begging to go back to 2A where you belong. You better strap it up. 

You don’t know what you’re asking for. These Devils will score 50 on the Squatch before halftime. I wouldn’t be surprised if Former All American coach, Sean Loftis, just sends his Junior Varisty squad on the gridiron against such a pitiful team.

2 hours ago, BobEarlesBrother said:

You don’t know what you’re asking for. These Devils will score 50 on the Squatch before halftime. I wouldn’t be surprised if Former All American coach, Sean Loftis, just sends his Junior Varisty squad on the gridiron against such a pitiful team.

Look here I am making my way from God’s Country to go to this game. If you want some of this, just look for me and my letterman jacket on the 25 yard line. You aren’t messing with some normal dude, I was an all county TE for the Squatch. I would give my left testicle to defend the purple and gold. You won’t disrespect us.

1 hour ago, SquatchU said:

Look here I am making my way from God’s Country to go to this game. If you want some of this, just look for me and my letterman jacket on the 25 yard line. You aren’t messing with some normal dude, I was an all county TE for the Squatch. I would give my left testicle to defend the purple and gold. You won’t disrespect us.

You’ve obviously never graced your eyes upon the all superior Jackson County. Down in Gainesboro we breed successful football players, it’s just the nature of the land. We’ve had many highly touted prospects come through like Jeremy Hodges, Colby Long, Kevin Thomas and Rodney Brown. These are just a couple of the guys that went on to play for power 5 schools and make a living out of the sport they love. You’re making a big mistake thinking you will walk out of Mack Draper stadium alive. These Blue Satan’s fans are hungry as ever to see this historic product go to work on the gridiron. Football is a hobby for the Squatch, but for the Blue Lucifers it’s a way of life.

39 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I talked to a lot of folks at the Peabody game last night that thinks Dyersburg is the team to beat in the west. Some say they may even challenge Alcoa. Idk how true that is but many were talking about it.

They have no idea what they are talking about. Jackson County is the team to beat. Tonight was just a small hiccup in their run for a state title this year. This is me putting you on notice.

9 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I talked to a lot of folks at the Peabody game last night that thinks Dyersburg is the team to beat in the west. Some say they may even challenge Alcoa. Idk how true that is but many were talking about it.

If Dyersburg can win Region 7-3A, then they might make a run in the playoffs. However, getting by Covington and Ripley in that region will be a tall task. Another factor is that playoff football is a different animal than the regular season. Dyersburg does not have any significant playoff experience. I don’t believe that they are ready to advance to the state title game without “paying their dues” to get that experience.

Finally, “challenge Alcoa”? Really? Milan thought they could do that last year. What was the final? 35-0? How about Pearl-Cohn the previous year? Another blowout! My Covington team is 0-2 versus Alcoa. Despite fielding the best squad I can remember in 2018, we still lost to Alcoa 21-14 that year.

I have to ask about the “lot of folks” you heard talking up Dyersburg. What were they smoking?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

If Dyersburg can win Region 7-3A, then they might make a run in the playoffs. However, getting by Covington and Ripley in that region will be a tall task. Another factor is that playoff football is a different animal than the regular season. Dyersburg does not have any significant playoff experience. I don’t believe that they are ready to advance to the state title game without “paying their dues” to get that experience.

Finally, “challenge Alcoa”? Really? Milan thought they could do that last year. What was the final? 35-0? How about Pearl-Cohn the previous year? Another blowout! My Covington team is 0-2 versus Alcoa. Despite fielding the best squad I can remember in 2018, we still lost to Alcoa 21-14 that year.

I have to ask about the “lot of folks” you heard talking up Dyersburg. What were they smoking?

Well said! My thoughts exactly! :thumb: