Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

I went to the Jefferson game last night. I have a Great GrandSon playing for Jefferson. Watch for # 30.  Kinda makes me feel old. And they have a good team this year. JG said he was coming to the Jefferson- Robertsville game Thursday looking for some linemen! haha Ought to be a good game, always is playing a cross town rival makes for a good game.

We're going to the game tonite got shirts to give out. See you all there.

WILDCAT PRIDE

There is a lot of exciting football to be played before the Regular season is over. We still have to play Powell, Greeneville and Kingsport DB. We can't overlook Campbell Co., and Karns. 

The Wildcats will have to take on these RBs one at a time...

1, Bishop, Karns, 1117 yards

2. Gary, South Doyle 755 yards Already faced him.

5. Gudger, Greeneville. 494 yards

6, Allen, Campbell County, 467 yards

Also ranked in the Area by 5 Star Prep...

Belcher, Powell, 255 yards.

I believe there is a good feeling about OR after the LC victORy. 

8 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

There is a lot of exciting football to be played before the Regular season is over. We still have to play Powell, Greeneville and Kingsport DB. We can't overlook Campbell Co., and Karns. 

The Wildcats will have to take on these RBs one at a time...

1, Bishop, Karns, 1117 yards

2. Gary, South Doyle 755 yards Already faced him.

5. Gudger, Greeneville. 494 yards

6, Allen, Campbell County, 467 yards

Also ranked in the Area by 5 Star Prep...

Belcher, Powell, 255 yards.

I believe there is a good feeling about OR after the LC victORy. 

I feel for you; that is a scary thought.

This is really a pretty good team, but the schedule is brutal and may not show on the record.  All three losses so far were winnable, and had a solid win on the road against Lenoir City, which they played like they should even with several players out,  It was supposed to be a win and it was,  Powell presents a test for the defense, especially the back end, if it can keep OR  in the game like it did last year with two pick sixes, OR might be there at the end, The offense showed some much needed running game against Lenoir City, but will have to step that up a few clicks against Powell. Would really like to get a win there. Powell is the hinge on which the rest of the season swings.

The remainder of the schedule is tough with a trip to a very good Greeneville team (probably better than Powell) and then going to Karns on a Thursday night with the Bishop kid, who is very good and they better be ready for that, Karns is better than usual. (Packervision has scheduled it hoping for a Karns upset). After that, home against a young DB team, that is right now 5-0 after whopping all the neighborhood Sullivan County teams up there, but faces a trip to Greeneville this week and probably will be 5-1 after than. OR needs to beat the Indians here to keep them from evening the all time series record at 22 wins each. The final game is against Campbell County, who also has played well and they usually cause problems for the defense the way they throw the ball around. IF OR wins all Region games, they go in the playoffs first and have home field advantage, if OR loses to Powell, they are second and follow pretty much the path of last years team, with a trip to Powell in the 3rd round, OR could actually be 4-6 with wins over Karns and Campbell County and losses to Powell, DB and Greeneville, and second in the Region, or 6-4. and first, if OR also beats Powell and DB, but loses at Greeneville.