Da Dale!

TomLHS

14 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

NOT if they goof off now in the off season.  Weight room should be VERY busy now.  Also young men can run for distance and be 'social distanced' at the same time!

If anything, I would say Riverdale would be even more motivated. Theyve slowly improved under Kriesky, I see no reason why that wouldn't continue. Theyll be a 2 td favorite against anyone in Region 3 or 4 not named Oakland

13 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

If anything, I would say Riverdale would be even more motivated. Theyve slowly improved under Kriesky, I see no reason why that wouldn't continue. Theyll be a 2 td favorite against anyone in Region 3 or 4 not named Oakland

There are some other Coaches at other schools that would argue against that.  LOL

That is why I say this is NO time to be complaciant.  it is time to WORK EVEN HARDER.  After all at one time R'dale used to beat even Oakland regularly!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

1 minute ago, Lost Old Dad said:

There are some other Coaches at other schools that would argue against that.  LOL

That ie why I say this is NO time to be complaciant.  it is time to WORK EVEN HARDER.  After all at one time R'dale used to beat even Oakland regularly!

No slight to them, but it's the truth. Riverdale's best competition prior to playing Oakland will be out of the region and theyll still be a significant favorite. I do think the BOB is moving back towards being a great rivalry. Not often both programs are elite at the same time

The main reason the other schools in the Region are not as strong is exactly that.  None of the other schools in the region have the weight room work ethics both Oakland and R'dale have.  The two years Coach Shad won while he was at Smyrna is because he had a Coach from R'dale that brought the weight room program there.  It didn't continue at either Smyrna or Blackman after he left.

On 2/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

The main reason the other schools in the Region are not as strong is exactly that.  None of the other schools in the region have the weight room work ethics both Oakland and R'dale have.  The two years Coach Shad won while he was at Smyrna is because he had a Coach from R'dale that brought the weight room program there.  It didn't continue at either Smyrna or Blackman after he left.

Wasn’t he also getting zone exemptions like Riverdale got under Rankin?  That probably had a little to do with both having success.  

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

And who might those coaches be? I am having trouble even thinking of one great coach that Riverdale produced. Maybe you or LOD can fill me in. 

Okay, how about Ron Crawford, Tom McDaniel, Jimmy Maynard, Mike Matthews, Brad Cowan, Matt Gardner, or Steve Britton?

35 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Crawford did not get his start at Riverdale. Neither did Maynord. I'll give you McDaniel. The others I am sure are/were good coaches. But to say Riverdale has produced the best coaches throughout the state. Naaaa I don't think so. Good coaches sure. 

Don’t soil your panties.  I said they have produced the best coaches, didn’t say the greatest coaches, and just because you have never heard of them means absolutely nothing. As for Crawford and Maynard, they were part of great success at the Dale.  Don’t be that guy.

Edited by TomLHS

I know of Cowan and Britton. Both very good people and coaches. Matthews and Garner I do not know of. Being the best/greatest same thing to me. And if I'm being that guy because I point out the flaw in your statement with you claiming Riverdale produced Crawford and Maynord when it is not so, okay I guess I'm that guy. 

Now if you were to say that Rankins coaching tree is one of the best that would be a much more difficult argument to go against. Of course he started at somewhere other than Riverdale! 

Riverdale had a great run. One that would be very difficult to accomplish again in Rutherford County. Oakland under Creasy is off to a good start but still years to go before what I would call a dynasty like Riverdale.