2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

None of this has anything to do with whether it’s harder to win a state championship today versus 30 years ago. All teams have more specialization, year round training, etc.  The sport has evolved sure but all schools do this so no relative advantage for anyone.

what does matter is three divisions then with public and private schools all playing together versus 9 divisions now with public and private separated. Has population tripled in last 30 years? No (increased about 40%). If we increased the divisions by same percentage, we would have 4 classifications now rather than 9.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DealLawyer said:

None of this has anything to do with whether it’s harder to win a state championship today versus 30 years ago. All teams have more specialization, year round training, etc.  The sport has evolved sure but all schools do this so no relative advantage for anyone.

what does matter is three divisions then with public and private schools all playing together versus 9 divisions now with public and private separated. Has population tripled in last 30 years? No (increased about 40%). If we increased the divisions by same percentage, we would have 4 classifications now rather than 9.  

Logic and reasoning. Good post. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Has Tyner hired a coach yet. Bledsoe and Meigs going be hurting this year cause they lost linemen. What about Polk and Telico 

Tellico seems to getting some better since the new coach, but not to the point where they will challenge for the region Or even challenge Meigs, Bledsoe, Tyner, or Marion very much. Polk played as hard against us as anyone played us all year. They just didn't have the athletes in the end to make it a good game. Meigs lacking lineman is nothing new really though. Every year we have the same issue and seem to make it work out somehow. It wouldn't surprise me for us just to reload at that position. Meigs has a chance to easily be as good as last year considering the senior talent we will have. Although if lineman don't pan out we could easily take a step back as well. I have no doubt though we will contend with whoever for the region this coming season though. I guess time will tell.

12 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Another weekend warrior claiming the good old days were tougher, harder, and more difficult.  Seriously, let's reverse engineer your logic?  If it is easier now, then how come the mighty TC can't bring it home every year, they did when it was tougher, and more difficult back then?  I mean they had titles when it was much more difficult in your opinion, what is their barrier now?

I'll await your response, I'm sure it will be filled with counter productive statements to your original argument.

13 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

None of your TC teams that won a state titled are beating Peabody this year.  So what's your next argument?

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast said:

None of your TC teams that won a state titled are beating Peabody this year.  So what's your next argument?

I believe the 96 team would beat Peabody, but that’s just opinion. That team could have played and competed with anyone in the State that year ( All classes) 

That was a special bunch!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Another weekend warrior claiming the good old days were tougher, harder, and more difficult.  Seriously, let's reverse engineer your logic?  If it is easier now, then how come the mighty TC can't bring it home every year, they did when it was tougher, and more difficult back then?  I mean they had titles when it was much more difficult in your opinion, what is their barrier now?

I'll await your response, I'm sure it will be filled with counter productive statements to your original argument.

50% of the kids that play today, wouldn't have made it in the 60's, 70's, or 80's.  No water breaks, tackling drills that are forbidden today, and  coaches that literally manhandled players.  Forget about the endless conditioning sessions that took place.  A kid today gets a rough talking to by a coach and 12 parents are at the school the next day wanting him fired.  I am not saying the talent was better or worse, I am just saying those kids were tougher

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

50% of the kids that play today, wouldn't have made it in the 60's, 70's, or 80's.  No water breaks, tackling drills that are forbidden today, and  coaches that literally manhandled players.  Forget about the endless conditioning sessions that took place.  A kid today gets a rough talking to by a coach and 12 parents are at the school the next day wanting him fired.  I am not saying the talent was better or worse, I am just saying those kids were tougher

Thank you. My point exactly.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChineseFlu said:

I would agree with this post.

• Thanks 1

Fellas, this was started by what is probably a disgruntled parent with an axe to grind towards Trousdale County. 

This led to to the claim that Trousdale County’s prior state championships were won because 1A and 2A was weak in the 70’s through 2013. Also other teams “back then” weren’t trying hard, had bad coaching, the population of Tennessee was smaller, TC had kids that weren’t born in “Hartsville” (still waiting on the names on the state championship teams), and the whole county is poor with few factories, a prison and is crazy about football and loves their team. 

Yeah, I know. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

I forgot for a split second that this board was filled with dudes 19- 80 who think their generation is the best.  My bad, yes, you guys were all Zeus, and your decade was the best, and you can all throw footballs over mountains like uncle Rico.

Oakland this year beats any team you guys ever played on, easily.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, ghostofthepast said:

Dude, why are you harassing me?

I have never posted on your comments first, yet you always pick the fight.  You are honestly telling me that the game is easier now to win than then?  You scream of someone who played in the 80-90's for Clint, and then he hired, and basically sits all day long trying to defend the honor and the glory a legacy nobody remembers.  Guys like you get on here and talk about how middle schoolers are gonna develop, and how you own Watertown, and how the stadium needs upgrades, yet you live in one of the poorest areas of TN, no real job market, you pay your educators peanuts, your coaches always leave, no real commerce, factories, or businesses of your own in TC, this is all you guys have.  Your biggest employers are your school system, and a prison, and you probably work for one of them while alot of your former athletic stars either work at or are incarcerated in the other.  You guys just aren't that team anymore, and every time someone says it, the monkeys come out the beat their chest about former glory.

Go make the kids walk laps.

I'm out.

Sideline you never responded to this. Hit a little too close to home? Did your kids ever finish those laps? 

And no one ever answered my question about your hypocrisy...  Since it's so much easier now, why aren't you guys dominating?  I mean that is the word, that during a period of time where it was its roughest, toughest, and everything was ALL Pro level in TN, you guys woulda eat this generation up, where are the titles?  

Edited by ghostofthepast
additions