Best Team in the area in each class

BallIsLife1

Heading into the new year, 2nd half of the season, who is the best team in the area in each class? From the few games I have seen and few articles I have read....

Class A - Gibson Co by a slim margin right now

Class AA - Jackson South Side by a landslide

Class AAA - Collierville is pretty good. 

D2 - Tipton Rosemark

17 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Heading into the new year, 2nd half of the season, who is the best team in the area in each class? From the few games I have seen and few articles I have read....

D2 - Tipton Rosemark

AA you forget about Westview?? South Side is really good but Westview is pretty good too.

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Pioneer42

You seem to see a lot of ball. Who are your picks right now?

I agree with your picks. Just think Westview is tough as well. South Side and Westview are my picks to be in Murfreesboro. GC, Union City. Peabody and Greenfield two of these will be there. Right now I would go with GC and Union City, but they play the games and the other two will be dangerous. You have good picks. Tipton Rosemark is very talented with USJ close behind.

Edited by pioneer42

On 1/1/2021 at 10:54 PM, BallIsLife1 said:

D2 - Tipton Rosemark

I agree with your picks! 

Class A- Gibson County tough schedule will help against other tough West Tn teams McKenzie, Union City, and Peabody! Out of them 4 I will take GC & McKenzie to represent West Tn in Murfreesboro! Lorotto, Summertown, Clarkrange will all be in Murfreesboro! 

Class AA- It’s Westview & South Side! I may be a little biased on this pick but South Side(if we stay healthy) would beat WV by 15 or more! We are deep 12 deep & WV only have  1 guard to handle the ball. Jada is an awesome player but  put pressure on the other players & don’t give up open shots you will beat them. I believe their weak schedule will catch up with them again this year! 
Covington will be decent this year come tournament time. Also look for Dyersburg to get better when chemistry come together. Also Fayette Ware is lead by that middle school team that won state last year. Now they are freshman & are long & plays tough full court defense!

Edited by HawkGuy06

At this point in the east.

1A North Greene, Cloudland, Tellico.

2A Northview Academy, Granger, Alcoa or Meigs.

3A Farragut, Bearden, Maryville. Oak Ridge can sneak in there. I think some of this can change if teams can start playing on a regular schedule and get in a rhythm. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Class A- Gibson County tough schedule will help against other tough West Tn teams McKenzie, Union City, and Peabody! Out of them 4 I will take GC & McKenzie to represent West Tn in Murfreesboro! Lorotto, Summertown, Clarkrange will all be in Murfreesboro! 

McKenzie is in Region 6 with Loretto & Summertown so all three can't reach Murfreesboro. If the Lady Rebels were in Region 7 they might be favored. With John WIlkins at the helm now and so many teams moving to the new AA next year, McKenzie could be a regular in the future.