Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

On 1/29/2021 at 6:45 PM, Blaze45 said:

Dr, Justus will not let "undisiplined" become the Blackman brand for long... 

You CAN’T be serious about that statement..... the ENTIRE reason she canned Watson was because he was TRYING to make the kids act right. Ask ANYBODY

Program was very good until she did that.... now listening to assistants who are only concerned for themselves has bitten her right in the ####....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 422PT said:

You CAN’T be serious about that statement..... the ENTIRE reason she canned Watson was because he was TRYING to make the kids act right. Ask ANYBODY

Program was very good until she did that.... now listening to assistants who are only concerned for themselves has bitten her right in the ####....

Shadowens and Watson in my opinion were good  Coaches . I had boys that played under both of them and have been following Blackman football for about 15 years.  I would consider David a good friend as far as that goes. The issue with Watson was not the kids or the program. It was Oakland., with Teague, Knox, Otey,Sewell, Armstrong, Mitchell and all that talent, they didn't get it done against Oakland.. Justsus wants to win.  With Shadowens who was doing a good job against Oakland, and had a well disciplined team, Justus did not like the fact that he was not intimidated by her and was going to run things his way.  I fought to keep Shadowens, and would have done the same for Watson, but found out, you are not goingto beat the system. As far assistants go some of the better assitants are gone and have been for a while  (Oliver/ Gilstrap/ Harris/ ?? qb coach that went to Siegel) You still have coach Mac, Coach Meadows and Knox  that are there from long haul. I don't think any of them are pulling the strings. 

31 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Shadowens and Watson in my opinion were good  Coaches . I had boys that played under both of them and have been following Blackman football for about 15 years.  I would consider David a good friend as far as that goes. The issue with Watson was not the kids or the program. It was Oakland., with Teague, Knox, Otey,Sewell, Armstrong, Mitchell and all that talent, they didn't get it done against Oakland.. Justsus wants to win.  With Shadowens who was doing a good job against Oakland, and had a well disciplined team, Justus did not like the fact that he was not intimidated by her and was going to run things his way.  I fought to keep Shadowens, and would have done the same for Watson, but found out, you are not goingto beat the system. As far assistants go some of the better assitants are gone and have been for a while  (Oliver/ Gilstrap/ Harris/ ?? qb coach that went to Siegel) You still have coach Mac, Coach Meadows and Knox  that are there from long haul. I don't think any of them are pulling the strings. 

Blaze if Siegel has all those good assistants then why are the so bad year after year?  I am an outsider that is curious.

13 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Blaze if Siegel has all those good assistants then why are the so bad year after year?  I am an outsider that is curious.

No, you misunderstood... These were good assitants that went elsewhere when Shad, Watson  left... the QB coach went to siegel. Harris went to MTCS, Gilstarp took a job in a JUCO and is now at MTSU and Oliver who was a line coach at Oakland went to Centennial I believe or some other WILCO school

52 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

No, you misunderstood... These were good assitants that went elsewhere when Shad, Watson  left... the QB coach went to siegel. Harris went to MTCS, Gilstarp took a job in a JUCO and is now at MTSU and Oliver who was a line coach at Oakland went to Centennial I believe or some other WILCO school

Oh ok

On 2/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Also as an outsider-Once you fall as far behind your rivals as Siegel has, it is very, very difficult to dig out. Think UT vs. Bama, Florida and Georgia. Locals, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I only recall Siegel having one really good team. I believe it was 2012 when they got Maryville at home in the semifinals and had them on the ropes before Maryville scored in the final minute. I remember watching the game online. 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:21 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Take this with a grain of salt since I dont know the man personally.... However, I think he's happy where he's at the moment but do think he'd leave if the right job came open. If he hangs around long enough, he will probably be Creasy's replacement (or should be) when he leaves for greener pastures.

On its own, Blackman is a great job; solid demographics, strong community support in a growing area. As you pointed out though, trying to deal with Oakland and Riverdale makes this job much harder to attract a high profile coach. 

Also to Blackman's credit, they've only made one change directly related to on the field. I think David Watson is a great great line coach, but squandering the kind of talent he had when Oakland was vulnerable-ish in 2017 was pretty bad

As for Creasy leaving for greener pastures, it would have to be in another state, a private school or a college job. The grass doesn’t get any greener in Tennessee does it? 

2 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

So you think Creasy is a college level coach?

Could be. I don’t know the man personally, but George Quarles has done well as an asst. at the college level. In fact, he was runner-up for the HC job at UTC. While I have no idea how good Murfreesboro pays its coaches (I do know that Gary Rankin got a big raise when he went to Alcoa), my point was that outside of maybe Brentwood Academy, that there is no high school situation in Tennessee where he would be better off.