Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

38 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I think there are many coaches that could college ball.  But let's look at your school as an example.  In 2019 your coach had you all rolling and you were aiming his graces about finally having a great coach to coach the boys up etc.  Then 2020 (and I mean no disrespect) but you all were terrible.  So did you all just not have talent or did your coach forget how to coach?  Can't be both ways.  

Not sure how my team has anything to do with your question about Creasy.  

To reply, in my opinion, it was a combination of things.  Huge talented senior class the year before that left a lot of holes to fill, no spring practice to evaluate players, no guided summer workouts for strength and conditioning,  a coaching staff that has admitted to being too soft in light of the Covid circumstances, less talented, and as I aforementioned a lot of bad luck (bad bounces putting you in bad field position, phantom penalties that are sometimes subjective being called at ill advised times) tougher schedule than the year before, etc.  It was a combination of things.  But note: I never said he was a great coach, he may end up being that and I hope so,  I always took a wait and see attitude.  It takes more than one year to evaluate how someone will do.  Do I like him, yes!  Do I think he is still learning, yes.  Do I like the direction of the program in terms of off the field structure and tradition building, 100% yes!  Do I feel he needs to win games, yes!  Do you think he knows that, yes! 
Does he have my support, 100%! 
Anything other than that is a false perception of how I feel.  Again my opinion.  I think it would have been difficult to have 8 or 9 wins with what I saw last year in terms of talent overall.   Half of the seniors left before the end of the season and some were starters.   Let’s see how this year goes before reigning down judgement.   

Just now, TomLHS said:

You may want to chill your heels keyboard warrior.  McDaniel is a good coach, but he isn't a Kevin Creasy.  As for your Texas comparison, what point were your trying to make. Let me enlighten you big boy on the genesis of a program that hasn't won a football championship in over 20 years of existence.  You guys started off with Riverdale's 2nd stringers.  You are no more than an average program.

Keybaord warrior...lmao... You come in here spouting off about the almighty God himself Creasy....like he parted the waters . Lets get something straight, Kemosabe, Creasy came in here to a program well on its way to recovery thanks to Mc Daniels. He isn't Rankin, Ist Quarles and never wiil be. Its a numbers thing... he can coach 27 more years and not get there.  As for Blackman, they were good ennogh to wax your donkey the last 5-6 years..You Riverdale finally had a decent team this year. (Big heart felt whoopty doo). my point about Texas is I didn't come here and watch ROCO ball and think "OH MY GOD greatest football ever" I've been around and seen great football all my life. Does that make me an expert?  But I am not niaeve enough to think a state tite in 3a -2a or 4a carries the weight it does in 6a.... To your pont, did you want to start counting middle school years and rec league. I at no time said Creasy is not a good coach, but I didn't draw the ignorant comparrison between Raquel Welch and Phyllis Diller  either. That tells me you don't know baby crap from apple butter .. 

7 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Keybaord warrior...lmao... You come in here spouting off about the almighty God himself Creasy....like he parted the waters . Lets get something straight, Kemosabe, Creasy came in here to a program well on its way to recovery thanks to Mc Daniels. He isn't Rankin, Ist Quarles and never wiil be. Its a numbers thing... he can coach 27 more years and not get there.  As for Blackman, they were good ennogh to wax your donkey the last 5-6 years..You Riverdale finally had a decent team this year. (Big heart felt whoopty doo). my point about Texas is I didn't come here and watch ROCO ball and think "OH MY GOD greatest football ever" I've been around and seen great football all my life. Does that make me an expert?  But I am not niaeve enough to think a state tite in 3a -2a or 4a carries the weight it does in 6a.... To your pont, did you want to start counting middle school years and rec league. I at no time said Creasy is not a good coach, but I didn't draw the ignorant comparrison between Raquel Welch and Phyllis Diller  either. That tells me you don't know baby crap from apple butter .. 

7 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I can tell you spoiled your pants big guy.  Maybe you will take the time to see what I actually said.  McDaniel is a good coach, but he is not the coach that Kevin Creasy is.  Now if that upsets, then too bad. I don't want you to have an accident again, but I would suprise you with what I know about football.  Hope this helps.  I know how frustrated you guys have been the last 7 years in getting beaten by Oakland.  I too am frustrated by Riverdale not beating them, but I do have hope for the future.

Edited by TomLHS

1 minute ago, TomLHS said:

It would appear that I have some Blackman supporter that does not understand what I am saying when I say Tommy McDaniel is not the quality of coach as Kevin Creasy.  McDaniel is a good coach, but he is not a great coach.

Go figure a Blackman supporter on a thread about Blackman coaching job.... WOW... whats next a thread about the best HS football coches in tenn... Oh yeah thats already been done ...on this site ...Maybe thats the place to have this conversation. 

1 minute ago, TomLHS said:

I can tell you spoiled your pants big guy.  Maybe you will take the time to see what I actually said.  McDaniel is a good coach, but he is not the coach that Kevin Creasy is.  Now if that upsets, then too bad. I don't want you to have an accident again, but I would suprise you with what I know about football.  Hope this helps.

HINT... You only have to "quote" it once...It doesn't make your point any more credible.  Now run along and fix dinner for Mr Creasy 

37 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Not sure how my team has anything to do with your question about Creasy.  

To reply, in my opinion, it was a combination of things.  Huge talented senior class the year before that left a lot of holes to fill, no spring practice to evaluate players, no guided summer workouts for strength and conditioning,  a coaching staff that has admitted to being too soft in light of the Covid circumstances, less talented, and as I aforementioned a lot of bad luck (bad bounces putting you in bad field position, phantom penalties that are sometimes subjective being called at ill advised times) tougher schedule than the year before, etc.  It was a combination of things.  But note: I never said he was a great coach, he may end up being that and I hope so,  I always took a wait and see attitude.  It takes more than one year to evaluate how someone will do.  Do I like him, yes!  Do I think he is still learning, yes.  Do I like the direction of the program in terms of off the field structure and tradition building, 100% yes!  Do I feel he needs to win games, yes!  Do you think he knows that, yes! 
Does he have my support, 100%! 
Anything other than that is a false perception of how I feel.  Again my opinion.  I think it would have been difficult to have 8 or 9 wins with what I saw last year in terms of talent overall.   Half of the seniors left before the end of the season and some were starters.   Let’s see how this year goes before reigning down judgement.   

Very good points!  All of which is why I originally said and still believe that athletes make coaches.  If you would have put Creasy or any other "great" Coach in Gallatins coaches shoes last season they would have had the same results...imo.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Blaze45 you do realize your program hasn't won a State Championship in football.  You might be able to do it within the next 20 years.

AWE look who is living in yesterday????,,,, I believe its been 17 years for you ... Crazy to think Blackman opens and all of a sudden Riverdale stops being the powerhouse.... Get along to your wine and cheese...