Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

All this ring talk......in the last ten years Riverdale is 3-10 against Blackman. Riverdale had a great run with Rankin. Of course during Riverdale's run it was Riverdale and Oakland in Murfreesboro area. Riverdale during this time was pulling in kids from Eagleville too. Now in the area you have Siegel, Blackman, Rockvale, SC, and Eagleville with teams. Before long there will be Almaville, Walter Hill, and Christiana area high schools. The past is the past. 

As for the poster saying NC would have beaten the Murfreesboro schools.....naw I don't think so. Big difference beating 1A and 2A schools then beating 5A and 6A schools. Even with talent. I saw NC during this time and even when they were winning gold balls they struggled to beat even 3A schools. 

As for Creasy vs McDaniels......we will never know. If McDaniels had stayed at Oakland would they have won more gold balls? Probably so. If Creasy was at Rockvale would they have won a gold ball already? Probably not. Both are good to great coaches. Both have been blessed to have been around great talent while at Oakland. 

As for Blackman which this thread is about.....we know Tygard will run the offense. Any ideas who might be a candidate for the defense? 

1 hour ago, TomLHS said:

We are going on 21 years....how foolish is for you to say for certainty that either one of these schools will win one.

No inference about winning one. Simply that the game ebbs and flows, Maryville and Alcoa are the only ones who seem to be immune over the long haul. You however did without exception indicate that Blackman never will. Heck you may have sealed their Gold Ball with that statement - that's usually how my luck runs.

1 hour ago, TomLHS said:

Look Blazer, didn’t say Creasy is a God, and for you to say I did is foolish.  We were comparing McDaniel to Creasy and I said there was no comparison.  Heck, even Stevie Wonder can see that.  As for your (Blackman’s Day) been waiting for 20 years.

I believe the comparison you used was Phyllis Diller to Raquel Welch... ... Very simply put...If McDaniels was playing in the Boro with the talent Oakland has had... I don't believe you would have that opinion. The fact is you have to have the talent and coaching... McDaniels got more out of less talented players than anybody shy of Rankin. Go back and look at 2010 through 2014... Blackman had a ton of talent and whooped up on Oakland and Riverdale both... But Mc Daniels got more out of less.. thats coaching... Has Creasy beat a quarles or Rankin???? Negative...... I never said Creasy is not a good /great coach, but he is not light years better than McDaniels. Put them on a team that is evenly matched in the talent pool, it would not be a big difference. 

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

All this ring talk......in the last ten years Riverdale is 3-10 against Blackman. Riverdale had a great run with Rankin. Of course during Riverdale's run it was Riverdale and Oakland in Murfreesboro area. Riverdale during this time was pulling in kids from Eagleville too. Now in the area you have Siegel, Blackman, Rockvale, SC, and Eagleville with teams. Before long there will be Almaville, Walter Hill, and Christiana area high schools. The past is the past. 

As for the poster saying NC would have beaten the Murfreesboro schools.....naw I don't think so. Big difference beating 1A and 2A schools then beating 5A and 6A schools. Even with talent. I saw NC during this time and even when they were winning gold balls they struggled to beat even 3A schools. 

As for Creasy vs McDaniels......we will never know. If McDaniels had stayed at Oakland would they have won more gold balls? Probably so. If Creasy was at Rockvale would they have won a gold ball already? Probably not. Both are good to great coaches. Both have been blessed to have been around great talent while at Oakland. 

As for Blackman which this thread is about.....we know Tygard will run the offense. Any ideas who might be a candidate for the defense? 

I think Tygard from my impression is going tp truly shake it up to some degree. The get a new head coach formula has not worked well. I really like the coaches there as far as people go, but it would not surprise me to see Matt Daniels Join back up, and a coach or two from out of region.  Blackmans best defense was coached up By Coach Oliver who is at Summit now.... 

Edited by Blaze45

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I believe the comparison you used was Phyllis Diller to Raquel Welch... ... Very simply put...If McDaniels was playing in the Boro with the talent Oakland has had... I don't believe you would have that opinion. The fact is you have to have the talent and coaching... McDaniels got more out of less talented players than anybody shy of Rankin. Go back and look at 2010 through 2014... Blackman had a ton of talent and whooped up on Oakland and Riverdale both... But Mc Daniels got more out of less.. thats coaching... Has Creasy beat a quarles or Rankin???? Negative...... I never said Creasy is not a good /great coach, but he is not light years better than McDaniels. Put them on a team that is evenly matched in the talent pool, it would not be a big difference. 

Shows how much you really know about football.  Creasy beat Quarles twice, once during the regular season and once in the semifinals. As for Rankin, he hasn’t had the opportunity to play him.  Educate yourself on these things prior to spouting off.

Edited by TomLHS
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Shows how much you really know about football.  Creasy beat Quarles twice, once during the regular season and once in the semifinals. As for Rankin, he hasn’t had the opportunity to play him.  Educate yourself on these things prior to spouting off.

You beat me to it. Rankin is at Alcoa . No chance to play them because they are in lowly 3A according to you. But didn't that 3A team beat that Blaze's butt this year and last? Yeah 3A programs are crap, right? 

Quarles lost to Creasy twice. 

Creasy was not afraid to schedule Gallatin twice when he was at Trousdale. Check the stats on that one. 

Your guy at Willie Blunt sure cannot beat Maryville even without Quarles can he? 

Creasy is not a god by any means but he is much higher up on the list of great coaches than McDaniel will ever be. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

You silly Ruco boys. For the record, Quarles and Creasy never faced each other in the regular season. Oakland coached by Creasy won against GQ and Marevul in 2016 in the semis. GQ and Marevul beat Creasy and Oakland in 2015 also in the semis. Please educate yourselves before "spouting" off.

And GQ still leads all high school coaches in the history of high school football nationally with a winning percentage of 94% (250-16)

Tee Hee Hee

Edited by MarevulBigGal

14 minutes ago, MarevulBigGal said:

You silly Ruco boys. For the record, Quarles and Creasy never faced each other in the regular season. Oakland coached by Creasy won against GQ and Marevul in 2016 in the semis. GQ and Marevul beat Creasy and Oakland in 2015 also in the semis. Please educate yourselves before "spouting" off.

And GQ still leads all high school coaches in the history of high school football nationally with a winning percentage of 94% (250-16)

Tee Hee Hee

I am not a silly ruco guy. I am a Trousdale County Yellow Jacket. 

I agree that Quarles is a great coach but being able to score players from out of county for a 1000.00 tuition sure helps. 

28 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I am not a silly ruco guy. I am a Trousdale County Yellow Jacket. 

I agree that Quarles is a great coach but being able to score players from out of county for a 1000.00 tuition sure helps. 

Ok Jamescorncracker. You need to educate yourself more about tuition and it's cost before "spouting" off.

Quarles did NOT lose to Creasy twice.

How much was the "tuition" for James and Horton?

tee hee hee

Image result for giant woman little man

Edited by MarevulBigGal

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I may have missed it but has tyagard said he will call the offense.  When he first came to Ravenwood with Daniel he was k own for his defense.  I. Fact he had never called offense before Ravenwood.  He had always called the defense.