Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

22 hours ago, chs1984 said:

And I’m sorry, but nobody deserves that kind of money to coach in high school. I don’t care if he coaches every sport, teaches every class, and prepares the lunches everyday! 

So making a life changing impact in 100's of young life's that can make changes for the rest of their lives is not worth that kind of money?  Colleges coaches making millions to win without that kind of impact in lives is worth the money?  Priorities

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

So making a life changing impact in 100's of young life's that can make changes for the rest of their lives is not worth that kind of money?  Colleges coaches making millions to win without that kind of impact in lives is worth the money?  Priorities

Not $600,000. I guarantee you that a good English teacher or band director doesn’t make half of that. Colleges can afford it because of the TV money they bring in. 

6 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Not $600,000. I guarantee you that a good English teacher or band director doesn’t make half of that. Colleges can afford it because of the TV money they bring in. 

6 hours ago, chs1984 said:

You gotta remember that the there is so much money in advertising and merchandising. if it has the school name or logo ... someone is paying for it. Even at a high school level. I am not saying that a coach is more valuable than an English teacher or Music teacher...but I am saying that a coach has the ability to impact revenue sources beyond concessions and the gate. 

13 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I would agree and understand that kind of pay is not feasible.  I would argue that coaches touch way more lives than your ordinary teacher.  Not trying to devalue teachers what so ever just saying coaching is much more personal and influencial