Best Players to Ever Play

westtn12

1A Greenback Kim Berry,1986 Miss Basketball Runner up,1987 Miss Basketball.86 State Runner up,87 State Champs.Ga Lady Bulldog started as a Freshman.Set 3 point record in first 2 seasons blew knee out as a Sophomore and career ended.Best high school girl I saw play,tough as as nails.If you ever saw this girl play you would never forget her!Willie may remember her played and won against some OR teams.Im showing my age with this one!Landers practically lived in Greenback from her Sophomore year till he got her!

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 1:46 AM, orngnblk said:

1A Greenback Kim Berry,1986 Miss Basketball Runner up,1987 Miss Basketball.86 State Runner up,87 State Champs.Ga Lady Bulldog started as a Freshman.Set 3 point record in first 2 seasons blew knee out as a Sophomore and career ended.Best high school girl I saw play,tough as as nails.If you ever saw this girl play you would never forget her!Willie may remember her played and won against some OR teams.Im showing my age with this one!Landers practically lived in Greenback from her Sophomore year till he got her!

Yes Sir! Kim was the best I personally saw locally until Cait McMahon at Heritage (pre-knee injuries) I'm not an expert, but those two were the ones that always jump out as the best I saw versus the competition they played in the Blount/Loudon/Monroe/Knox area. Dawn Marsh at Alcoa was another standout.

If you want to include way way back....Near White from Macon County. Look her up on wikenpedia. In both Naismith and women's basketball hall of fame. Famed LSU coach Sue Gunter who coached two Olympic teams says she the best she ever saw, ever.  She was the first player ever, male or female, to dunk the basketball in international play. Worth looking her up. 

On 2/1/2021 at 9:38 AM, terop said:

Guess i'll add some West10 flavor...Sha Brooks( Jackson Northside, Florida), Nina Davis( Memphis Central, Baylor), Ashley Shields( Memphis Hamilton, WNBA), Michelle Street from Bradford, Ghoering from Jackson Northside.

g

g

I loved watching Nina Davis play she was 5'11 playing forward but man she was a monster on the glass. Glad to see her help coach at MTSU now.  

• Like 1