State Dual Predictions

GoTNwrestling

8 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Just trying to make it look as fun as possible, in all honesty though Belcher and Fort have not wrestled in high school that I know of, Belcher didn't place last year in a extremely tough weight class, while Fort got a nice rout to the semi's to be able to place and that is the distinction between the two in rankings. I was just throwing something out there. Lets see your full prediction and how green your grass is.

So your justification on why Belcher is going to tech Fort is because he had a harder bracket at state last year?

13 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

So your justification on why Belcher is going to tech Fort is because he had a harder bracket at state last year?

I'm just being a bit of a troll I guess, but the only common opponent is Johnson from Clarksville which was a first period pin for Belcher and a major decision for Fort. Still not any legitimate proof, I do say that Belcher wins the match, but you are right probably not by tech or even major decision.

1 hour ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Wilson 30 Bradley 30
106 Johnson   Terrell 6
113 Mercante   Lipsey 3
120 Borders 6 James  
126 Warnock   Lipsey 6
132 Warnock   Patterson 3
138 Fort   Belcher 5
145 Fort 3 Lynn  
152 Fisak 6 Swallows  
160 Griggs   Stansberry 4
170 Jarvis   Watson 3
182 Hills 3 Brooks  
195 Staggs 3 Mcdaniel  
220 Todd 6 Waters  
285 Richardson 3 Mcclure  

I'm sure there will be some bumping done but straight up this is how I see it.

I give Bradley a puncher’s chance but it will be an uphill battle. I see Ford likely pinning Lynn.  I love Luke but would be very surprised if he tech’d Riley.  I could actually see Ethan Lipsey, Patterson and Knox all losing which would make it a WC blowout.  Bradley will need all those guys to win and probably get bonus points.  Not sure what to make of the Stansberry match.  I expect him to win but would not be completely shocked with a Stansberry pin or a loss. WC is likely locked in with 4 or 5 (could see a HWT pin) and so everything will need to fall perfectly for Bradley to have a shot.

• Upvote 1

For the individual tournament it will be interesting to see if Belcher drops weight. He’s wrestled 138 and 145 this year. Trae McDaniel pinned him this year easily. And at 145 we know Chittum is there. 132 could be the better picture for him. Belcher is tough but In between a rock and a hard place. Realistically I’m sure he will go 138, but Ben has pulled into his bag of tricks before in the past with bumping

Edited by fooseball95

17 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

For the individual tournament it will be interesting to see if Belcher drops weight. He’s wrestled 138 and 145 this year. Trae McDaniel pinned him this year easily. And at 145 we know Chittum is there. 132 could be the better picture for him. Belcher is tough but In between a rock and a hard place. Realistically I’m sure he will go 138, but Ben has pulled into his bag of tricks before in the past with bumping

How many matches has Chittum wrestled for Cleveland High School this season?  To my knowledge only 1 and that was at 160lb against Bradley County.  Whose spot is he going to take after only wrestling in one dual match this season for Cleveland High School?  Before this get's started understand that I really like Cody and the way that he competes and represents Tennessee.  However, I have a difficult time understanding how this would be allowed to happen.  

6 minutes ago, cbg said:

How many matches has Chittum wrestled for Cleveland High School this season?  To my knowledge only 1 and that was at 160lb against Bradley County.  Whose spot is he going to take after only wrestling in one dual match this season for Cleveland High School?  Before this get's started understand that I really like Cody and the way that he competes and represents Tennessee.  However, I have a difficult time understanding how this would be allowed to happen.  

Do you think he wrestles at state duals? If so, at what weight? 

19 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Do you think he wrestles at state duals? If so, at what weight? 

Yes and 45/52.  Actually now that I think about it.. let me edit this.. they may have him weigh in at 47.2 so he can go 52/60 for the dual team so I’m not sure. 

Edited by durdon