Down goes #1 Upperman Bees! 62-57 final

HawkGuy06

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Meigs is always tough. They knocked off Clarkrange a few years ago in the first round and Lamar called the refs out in the media. 

I had seen Clarkrange play during the season before that state matchup with Meigs, and I told Meigs coach that Clarkrange was big but nowhere near as quick or fast as his Meigs team was.
The Meigs coach had his sister assisting him that year. She was an awesome player herself in high school, played for Georgia in college, and took over the girls program at Cleveland High School and turned them into a state contender in a short time.  I wish she'd coach now, but she's happy being an elementary school Principal.
Yes, Lamar whined like a little petulant child after that game. Everyone had predicted he'd easily win the state that year, but Meigs was the better team that night.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:24 PM, Dadof2 said:

Yes all 5 signed. Meigs has a really good team, but there not very deep, they played pretty much 7 players last year and they graduated two good  players, one had a few offers but decided not to play. But they have a couple young players that have finally stepped up and coming in and giving good minutes, but the starting 5 are good players.

That was a great substate game at Meigs last year against Upperman. Meigs had their chances in regulation and both overtimes, but just couldn't get it done.
The amazing thing about last years' Meigs team was they played virtually the entire season without their best player from knee surgery. It's my understanding she would have been cleared to play for the region and substate, but her soon-to-be college coach didn't want her to?

Edited by blitzinbuc

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I had seen Clarkrange play during the season before that state matchup with Meigs, and I told Meigs coach that Clarkrange was big but nowhere near as quick or fast as his Meigs team was.
The Meigs coach had his sister assisting him that year. She was an awesome player herself in high school, played for Georgia in college, and took over the girls program at Cleveland High School and turned them into a state contender in a short time.  I wish she'd coach now, but she's happy being an elementary school Principal.
Yes, Lamar whined like a little petulant child after that game. Everyone had predicted he'd easily win the state that year, but Meigs was the better team that night.

I was there. They outplayed Clarkrange. I have been preaching all year that these body fouls and a lot of contact that don’t get called in the regular season will get called up there. They are big on calling charges up there too. Lamar had a lot more fouls that day because he was behind and playing catch up and was the team that had more contact. 

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Can’t get in it. I am not a member. Trying to find a way. I just got it to pull up. She is a player no doubt. 

Edited by pioneer42

25 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

So Macon @Upperman round 3 for the district championship who you taking? 

It’s going to be tough for MC to come into Baxter and leave with a W. It most certainly can be done as it was at the end of the regular season, and it will take another all around game to come out with a W for MC. Could be anywhere from a really good game or Upperman could run away with it.

37 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman wins at home vs any team in the state including Southside. 

Lol what? Why are you including my team? Since you want to take it there, is state played at their house buddy? I just was asking a question about round 3 of 2 of the top 10 teams in Tennessee! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

9 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

It’s going to be tough for MC to come into Baxter and leave with a W. It most certainly can be done as it was at the end of the regular season, and it will take another all around game to come out with a W for MC. Could be anywhere from a really good game or Upperman could run away with it.

Yea I heard both places are tough to play at. It should be another good 1 I believe