Down goes #1 Upperman Bees! 62-57 final

HawkGuy06

Just now, MCFAN3 said:

Most certainly will! Hoping y’all have remain healthy throughout the rest of the tournaments! But Murfreesboro is intimidating to those who have never been there in a while so don’t be shell shocked if your team lays an egg to tougher teams like Upperman and MC

Me too, hoping for their health, since i think I've read his posts on almost every thread crying about them having an injury.  

1 minute ago, Cballer said:

Me too, hoping for their health, since i think I've read his posts on almost every thread crying about them having an injury.  

This is why I love reading about how dominate west tn teams are in the regular season and before the Murfreesboro because it just seems like to me a team from except west tn is winning year and year out. But that’s just me. 

13 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

Does he not notice the differences in strength of schedule between those in 8 AA and West TN teams? SMH! How can you be a negative and think you will be able to handle teams like Upperman or MC with a strength of TEN! I guarantee you a team like MC or Upperman who has experienced players in the glasshouse will expose teams like JSS. Last time a West TN has beaten a team from 8 AA in the glasshouse dates back to 07-08 season. Therefore, until an 8 AA team is beat by a West TN team in Murfreesboro again, I’ll gladly be enjoying the dominance of the Upper Cumberland against West TN. 

Gibson County beat Livingston Academy in the Finals in 2009. I watched Upperman play Gatlinburg Pittman last year and believe me they would have had problems with Westview just like Macon County would have last year. South Side lost no one from last years team that played injured all year and Westview has a lot back including a D-1 PG. You guys got smoked up there two years ago by Cheatham County. I don’t know how suddenly every one from West TN is just going to be scared of 8 AA. That ain’t going to happen. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County beat Livingston Academy in the Finals in 2009. I watched Upperman play Gatlinburg Pittman last year and believe me they would have had problems with Westview just like Macon County would have last year. South Side lost no one from last years team that played injured all year and Westview has a lot back including a D-1 PG. You guys got smoked up there two years ago by Cheatham County. I don’t know how suddenly every one from West TN is just going to be scared of 8 AA. That ain’t going to happen. 

Exactly! Nobody is afraid of them! You have to play the game! I hope we see them

2 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Exactly! Nobody is afraid of them! You have to play the game! I hope we see them

All i know is you are on record saying you were watching film on Upperman.  Sounds a lot like fear to me. No one said they didn't have to play the game.  I just hope ya'll can get there so you can find out after that soft schedule you played.

1 minute ago, Cballer said:

All i know is you are on record saying you were watching film on Upperman.  Sounds a lot like fear to me. No one said they didn't have to play the game.  I just hope ya'll can get there so you can find out after that soft schedule you played.

I watched the game live on y’all’s Facebook dude! Fear? Lol your kidding me right? We will show you fear! I hope our girls & boys play y’all! We will show you intimidation! 

8 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Well with Covid you play who you can play! We are glad to be playing 

Didn't seem to stop us from playing the #1 3A team, #1 single A team (at the time), and we have double digit wins against 3 of the top ten AA teams (2 of those are in 8AA with us btw).  So either there is no competition out west and MCFAN is right, or y'all are dodging good teams just like you said teams did in your area to protect their own coaches jobs.  It's one of the two.  Don't use COVID as an excuse.  Teams have been playing ball all year.

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I watched the game live on y’all’s Facebook dude! Fear? Lol your kidding me right? We will show you fear! I hope our girls & boys play y’all! We will show you intimidation! 

I hope your coach prepares for us based on that one game, DUDE.  LOL.  Tell him not to watch the other 26.  :D

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Macon County had one of the best teams this state has ever seen last year. MC would probably be defending champs had COVID not hit. I would take an experienced Carter over Harrison in that matchup.

Cheatham County was overall better than us but I really wouldn’t classify them as West Tn. They are more middle in my opinion. 

Obviously nobody is scared of anybody, but I’m taking 8 AA 9 out of 10 times when playing West Tn. The whole Upper Cumberland consists of hard nose, competitive basketball.