Down goes #1 Upperman Bees! 62-57 final

HawkGuy06

13 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

Macon County had one of the best teams this state has ever seen last year. MC would probably be defending champs had COVID not hit. I would take an experienced Carter over Harrison in that matchup.

Cheatham County was overall better than us but I really wouldn’t classify them as West Tn. They are more middle in my opinion. 

Obviously nobody is scared of anybody, but I’m taking 8 AA 9 out of 10 times when playing West Tn. The whole Upper Cumberland consists of hard nose, competitive basketball.  

I was just referring to Cheatham County as a team that did well against y’all. They are a Middle TN team your right. South Side beat Gibson County and Summertown last year before Currie-Jelks got hurt. They also beat Greenfield twice the year before losing their 1 and 2 guards who were spectacular. I will be the first to tell you our coach and their coach play each other all during the summer and spring to get better. Their schedule this year is just a fluke thing. They don’t dodge people. Our district has been bad the last two years. You guys and Upperman and Clarkrange are always powerhouses, but I will assure you South Side and Westview will not be easy outs.

Edited by pioneer42

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I was just referring to Cheatham County as a team that did well against y’all. They are a Middle TN team your right. South Side beat Gibson County and Summertown last year before Currie-Jelks got hurt. They also beat Greenfield twice the year before losing their 1 and 2 guards who were spectacular. I will be the first to tell you our coach and their coach play each other all during the summer and spring to get better. Their schedule this year is just a fluke thing. They don’t dodge people. Our district has been bad the last two years. You guys and Upperman and Clarkrange are always powerhouses, but I will assure you South Side and Westview will not be easy outs.

We dodge no one! We both know tha!  You know that, and I know y’all’s coach will play anybody in the state! Gibson County will be problems for the next at least 3 years! 

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I totally agree with your statement. MC got in a dry spell there for a bit. A win against an Upperman team who has dominated all year long will hopefully put us back on track. This year is our last year of having a quality team before we go down for about two years. We have a good middle school group coming up that should put us in a good situation for years to come! 

I don’t think West TN teams are dodging anybody either. I just think overall West TN doesn’t have the amount of good teams as Middle and East TN does. Very few are on that top tier level in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I totally agree with your statement. MC got in a dry spell there for a bit. A win against an Upperman team who has dominated all year long will hopefully put us back on track. This year is our last year of having a quality team before we go down for about two years. We have a good middle school group coming up that should put us in a good situation for years to come! 

I don’t think West TN teams are dodging anybody either. I just think overall West TN doesn’t have the amount of good teams as Middle and East TN does. Very few are on that top tier level in my opinion.

That’s great news for y’all.