South Side vs Westview (7-AA region title)

dmm88

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It was their refs! So let that sink in lol but we knew coming in that Westview assign “special refs” to big games! It was our fault for leaving it close at their house! I hope we see them on a neutral floor! 

I can assure you that one of those referees I have never seen (and I watch a lot of basketball in West TN) and the other two would have never been two that Westview would have “specially assigned”. Every year it’s an excuse of why you lose to them. Just take the loss and move on

3 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Two great programs going at it! I enjoy getting to watch both SS and WV play and you know at this time of the year, they're going to bring it. SS's power, speed, depth, and full court game and WV's ability to focus (it seems) year in and year out to be playing great ball after Christmas. Hopeful that SS & WV both make it and get a Part 2 this season. 

I hate we didn’t use our full court press tonight smh 

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

I can assure you that one of those referees I have never seen (and I watch a lot of basketball in West TN) and the other two would have never been two that Westview would have “specially assigned”. Every year it’s an excuse of why you lose to them. Just take the loss and move on

Lol ok dude! If we lose & its fair we lost! You watch a lot of basketball but you said it was a reach in foul before the blocking foul. You must be kin to Ray Charles 

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

Lol ok dude! If we lose & its fair we lost! You watch a lot of basketball but you said it was a reach in foul before the blocking foul. You must be kin to Ray Charles 

I can’t wait to go back on NFHS and watch this specific play that you are so stuck on and will come back on here and apologize to you if I change my mind about #42 Barr reaching in for the foul before Harrison took the charge

Just now, sportslover88 said:

I can’t wait to go back on NFHS and watch this specific play that you are so stuck on and will come back on here and apologize to you if I change my mind about #42 Barr reaching in for the foul before Harrison took the charge

Please do! He throw his hands to his hip, no reach in call. But WV like always shoots lights out at home! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It was their refs! So let that sink in lol but we knew coming in that Westview assign “special refs” to big games! It was our fault for leaving it close at their house! I hope we see them on a neutral floor! 

How do you know it was “Westview refs”?? In postseason, officials cannot officiating their teams that is currently in their association after the district tournament. So, no official that was in the southern part of the West Tennessee association, and the northern part of the West Tennessee association (there are two different associations in W. TN), officiated that game. They either came from Memphis, or they were in an association that’s across the river. The TSSAA has been doing that for years, now. So why would this year be any different? Please explain 

Edited by TryNotToSuck

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Please do! He throw his hands to his hip, no reach in call. But WV like always shoots lights out at home! 

In other news, what did you think about the crowd tonight? It definitely felt like a pre-covid crowd!! It was close to being standing room only. Great atmosphere with a great fan base from both teams!

4 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

How do you know it was “Westview refs”?? In postseason, officials cannot officiating their teams that is currently in their association after the district tournament. So, no official that was in the southern part of the West Tennessee association, and the northern part of the West Tennessee association (there are two different associations in W. TN), officiated that game. They either came from Memphis, or they were in an association that’s across the river. The TSSAA has been doing that for years, now. So why would this year be any different? Please explain 

That isn’t true! Covid changed all that! We still had our same refs at home boys & girls! Covid is the reason! Look it up

Edited by HawkGuy06

13 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

In other news, what did you think about the crowd tonight? It definitely felt like a pre-covid crowd!! It was close to being standing room only. Great atmosphere with a great fan base from both teams!

It was crazy! I loved it! Definitely felt like we was at the Murphy Center! It sucks that we lost the game but the game lived up to the hype! I am hoping for round 2 in the state championship 3/13 

Edited by HawkGuy06
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Also the twins daddy I believe is the 1 over assigning the refs in that association if I heard correctly! I will find out for sure tomorrow!