6-AAAA

79champs

21 hours ago, Bufford said:

Maybe I spell like a fourth grader, but you act like one the way you take everything so personal on here. There AAU team beating WC AAU team is nothing to brag about. They have 6 freshmen and one junior playing on that team. The top 5 or 6 WC girls are playing out of town.  Plus the Coffee AAU program has girls from all over playing on it. Not a great argument. 

Comparing AAU teams is useless, as most of the WC talent is playing in other programs outside of the one affiliated with the high school program. Unless something changed, the Vinson and McInturf (sp?) girls were playing for Flight Silver, the Gannon girls are playing between Pride and another team based out of a private school in McMinnville. I agree that WC has a lot of raw talent from the Sophmore/Freshman class, there is only one kid maybe two that will make an impact immediately from the middle school ranks next year. The talent falloff from the current Freshman to the 8th grade class is real, and the current 7th graders are painful to watch. WC may have a run over the next few years, but the success will be short lived. That being said, I think it will be tough for WC to compete with CC any time soon.

I agree on comparing AAU teams, kids change teams weekly and play with whoever at all different levels. The Coffee Co team is playing in a tournament this weekend in Manchester. Our T3 teams will be there as well. Mcinturf is going to Webb to run track because coffee co basically has no track program. Warren Co has really beefed up the schedule next year and i still say they will be 2nd at worst in the new district and will beat Coffee once. Franklin Co and Shelbyville will get throttled by the lady pioneers. 

I think Lippe has done a great job instilling a great work ethic into the WC girls...they are constantly working to get better and understand why many of them left to go to the AAU program in Cookeville...higher levels of competition and better tournaments force you to either adapt and get better or fail. That being said, I hope you’re right... not sure how long it’s been since WC has beat CC girls but it’s been quite some time. That youth core can do some special things if they keep on working. I seen three of the girls play in Knoxville recently(smartt, Hobbs, and Kelsey) and they flat out balled and hung with one of the top AAU programs in the state... talent won’t be this teams problem.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:37 PM, Tripdub14 said:

I think Lippe has done a great job instilling a great work ethic into the WC girls...they are constantly working to get better and understand why many of them left to go to the AAU program in Cookeville...higher levels of competition and better tournaments force you to either adapt and get better or fail. That being said, I hope you’re right... not sure how long it’s been since WC has beat CC girls but it’s been quite some time. That youth core can do some special things if they keep on working. I seen three of the girls play in Knoxville recently(smartt, Hobbs, and Kelsey) and they flat out balled and hung with one of the top AAU programs in the state... talent won’t be this teams problem.

I've heard the district tournament is at Shelbyville. But where is the region Tournament?

1 hour ago, secretagentman said:

hearing rumors going around that two starters are leaving the wc program at schools end.  If this holds true it’s a major loss for Lippe

One of the private schools in WC has been recruiting a lot of the high school players, and thus far only one has transferred to my knowledge. Also hearing the standout middle school player from WC is supposedly going there as well but from my understanding it’s nothing more than a rumor. Guess we shall see what ends up happening... it’d be a shame for WC to end up losing any more talent given how far the program has come in the past year. 

Bradley doesn't rebuild they reload. Boys is a different story. New coach=new style. But that's for different topic. Walker valley will finish 2nd in AAAA after bradley. Allot of girld returning. Unsure of cleveland. But they took east hamilton out and put brainerd in for some reason. Look forward to seeing them get blown out 80-20 in girls ball every game. Id ecpect stone and cookeville to be tough again this year. Maybe bradley will schedule a revenge matchup with Lebanon this year. Appatently the only team in state yhat has a winning record against is (2-1). I really wanyed to see a bradley/blackman state title game. Both games last season were great. Maube well schedule riverdale this year since thats the only middle Tennessee team we didn't play

13 hours ago, Tripdub14 said:

One of the private schools in WC has been recruiting a lot of the high school players, and thus far only one has transferred to my knowledge. Also hearing the standout middle school player from WC is supposedly going there as well but from my understanding it’s nothing more than a rumor. Guess we shall see what ends up happening... it’d be a shame for WC to end up losing any more talent given how far the program has come in the past year. 

HOW FAR THEY CAME????? They didn't beat a team with a winning record and lost their last 3 games by 120 points . I guess beating a rhea co team that was the worst in AAA in the state last year makes us better lol. We were outscored like 220-70 in our last 3 games, that is very sad and it burns me up that people call that improvement instead of the complete joke that it was.

I keep hearing everyone say that there are going to be starters leave WC. What starters are rumored to leave?