William Blount getting a little defensive about next year...

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That film was made to attack Maryville and to make the school and fans look racist, full of lies about why one kid left Maryville, disrespected the man with the QB son that moved on like he was some kind of troublemaker that could hurt him at another school, showed how ugly the fans of Alcoa are to their coach after the Maryville game and built it up like the program is centered around 13 streets in Alcoa but forgets to mention all the streets in the county where the other kids are paying tuition to go there. It was something to watch alright.

Heritage is like: 

large-aox8309r7cvvpr82mo65wu11zdsr.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Govs are supposed to be having a scrimmage against Bearden today, but I can't get the time or place from anybody. It's inexcusable in this age of social media not to have that information out there. I'm not just harping on WB either. Bearden football's Twitter didn't post the time and place either. What's the point of being on social media if you aren't sharing information like that with your supporters?

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

49 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

The Govs are supposed to be having a scrimmage against Bearden today, but I can't get the time or place from anybody. It's inexcusable in this age of social media not to have that information out there. I'm not just harping on WB either. Bearden football's Twitter didn't post the time and place either. What's the point of being on social media if you aren't sharing information like that with your supporters?

I totally agree with you. I ask on the Maryville which everyone read that will be there tonight and not a single person but someone from Oak Ridge said something. Another thing that gets my goat is somebody on here telling about two teams playing and no date or time. People that do that need to go apply for a job at Wendy's for $12 an hour because that's all their really worth.

56 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

The best way I have found to find out something fast is to get on here  and make something up and within minutes some busybody will correct you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I totally agree with you. I ask on the Maryville which everyone read that will be there tonight and not a single person but someone from Oak Ridge said something. Another thing that gets my goat is somebody on here telling about two teams playing and no date or time. People that do that need to go apply for a job at Wendy's for $12 an hour because that's all their really worth.

I'm not talking about people on CoachT. I'm talking about coaches and ADs that have social media accounts but don't put that information out there. You'd think stuff like that would definitely be on the agenda, but all too often those important details get glossed over.

5 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

It was at Bearden. I was told that Bearden had a good scrimmage and that WB still has "work to do."  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

It was at Bearden. I was told that Bearden had a good scrimmage and that WB still has "work to do."  

I heard the same thing from someone else.  Sounds like more of the same. Bearden is not a good team right now, so it looks like it will be another sub .500 year for the Govs.

11 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I heard the same thing from someone else.  Sounds like more of the same. Bearden is not a good team right now, so it looks like it will be another sub .500 year for the Govs.

27-0 Bearden.  WB turned it over 4 times according to 5 Star Preps. 

2 hours ago, HTV said:

27-0 Bearden.  WB turned it over 4 times according to 5 Star Preps. 

After reading the 5 Star Preps article I don't feel quite so bad. One of our top receivers wasn't playing as a receiver and they were limiting what the QB could do by design. You always hear the cliche "It's just a scrimmage" but I think that's nonsense. Scrimmages give you an idea of what kind of team you have and you want to look up to par against good competition. In short, getting blanked by Bearden isn't a good look. We'll have a better picture when Clinton comes to WB in a few weeks.

Personally I would rather go to see Clinton and William Blount play on the 20th because it will be a good game. Unfortunately because of my convictions I feel obligated to go out to Heritage that night and pay my respects to a program that has been dead and gone for just over thirty years now. Anyone know how to pick up the William Blount Games this year to be able to watch while at another game. I do this at most games and even done it at a funeral one time until I realized everyone there was looking at me.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Personally I would rather go to see Clinton and William Blount play on the 20th because it will be a good game. Unfortunately because of my convictions I feel obligated to go out to Heritage that night and pay my respects to a program that has been dead and gone for just over thirty years now. Anyone know how to pick up the William Blount Games this year to be able to watch while at another game. I do this at most games and even done it at a funeral one time until I realized everyone there was looking at me.

https://govnationnetwork.com

Edited by CrossStateTraveler
Added link