Karly Weathers has committed to Alabama Crimson Tide

gogold

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. She let Chloe Moore get out of Tennessee too. You are preaching to the choir. You want me to speak honestly if I had a player recruited by Tennessee I personally wouldn’t want her there right now. I don’t see the work ethic as a coach and I see her as a follower instead of a leader. Karly is a great player. She is on the mountain top. I am with you. I don’t know what else she could do to prove her worth. But I will say this again. I don’t think she will be there more than two years.

Whether it is Vol football, basketball, baseball invest the time to get to know these Tennessee kids and what they can do for your university.  No one will play harder for the Orange than a kid that comes from this state.  It's not only talent, but it's pride.  Harper did not do that and she of all coaches should remember what it's like to play for their home state.  Holly's teams were lazy and played as individuals and that's why she's gone.  She had no control of her team.  Kelly has changed some of that, but you are right, not all of it.  She'll get a couple more years to correct it, but it goes to my point, if there's very good talent in state, why not bring it to UT !  I think because of pride, they will work harder than most kids you bring in out of state.

54 minutes ago, gogold said:

Whether it is Vol football, basketball, baseball invest the time to get to know these Tennessee kids and what they can do for your university.  No one will play harder for the Orange than a kid that comes from this state.  It's not only talent, but it's pride.  Harper did not do that and she of all coaches should remember what it's like to play for their home state.  Holly's teams were lazy and played as individuals and that's why she's gone.  She had no control of her team.  Kelly has changed some of that, but you are right, not all of it.  She'll get a couple more years to correct it, but it goes to my point, if there's very good talent in state, why not bring it to UT !  I think because of pride, they will work harder than most kids you bring in out of state.

No doubt. I thought when they hired her she would build a wall around the state. But it hasn’t happend. I watched a lot of the girls tournament and Tennessee was the least impressive team I watched. And the antics the players pulled during the season shows me of a coach that has very little control of her team if any. Tennessee’s administration has made some bad choices especially in the football program. I do think the baseball coach is on the right track and so far I like Heupel but he will suffer some from bad decisions prior to him. Being a Tennessee fan has been tough especially with the obvious incompetence in their administration. Softball coaches have been successful but I see a team year end year out that presses at the plate and has poor plate discipline and just discipline in general as a team in the big games that keeps them from winning the big one’s. Barnes’ stubbornness to adjust in games causes the men’s early exits in the NCAA. Tennessee is not winning Grammy Awards for their hires.

Edited by pioneer42

7 hours ago, gogold said:

I agree

14 hours ago, buddyball said:

Playing for the vols is not as important to these kids as it is for some of you.

Some of us are just old enough to remember when the T was dominant.  That’s where the passion comes from...

Unfortunately the T hasn’t been that dominant in their lifetime so it’s just not as special to them.  I get it.  It falls on the T for not being able to lure talent.  

On 4/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, gogold said:

Understand the frustration, but if Tennessee Athletics focus solely on the product from their state to when it comes to recruiting, then the Vols probably won’t be good in any of their sports. Definitely won’t be good in football.

10 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Understand the frustration, but if Tennessee Athletics focus solely on the product from their state to when it comes to recruiting, then the Vols probably won’t be good in any of their sports. Definitely won’t be good in football.

You don't base only Tennessee kids, but if you get the best the state has, that's your core group.  When Saban got back to Bama, he went after the top 10 players in the state of Alabama.  This was the way he built his power house and that is still how he's doing it.  Look at the top ten players that are in this years recruiting class in football all going to power 5 schools.  I am saying that we should get the top players in our state and lock it down.  I'm tired of seeing our best going to other power 5's and helping them win championships.  Home state power 5 players in this state will, most of the time,  play harder for the Orange than the same type player from out of state.

1 hour ago, gogold said:

You don't base only Tennessee kids, but if you get the best the state has, that's your core group.  When Saban got back to Bama, he went after the top 10 players in the state of Alabama.  This was the way he built his power house and that is still how he's doing it.  Look at the top ten players that are in this years recruiting class in football all going to power 5 schools.  I am saying that we should get the top players in our state and lock it down.  I'm tired of seeing our best going to other power 5's and helping them win championships.  Home state power 5 players in this state will, most of the time,  play harder for the Orange than the same type player from out of state.

Not everybody in this state wants to play for Tennessee. Her older brother did commit to Vanderbilt. So, her and her family may not be Tennessee fans.