Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

On 4/24/2021 at 9:40 AM, KEV-O said:

AE has givin AE a bad reputation. Its a reputation only AE can fix. If teams don't feel safe going to AE that's on AE not the schools that don't want to put their kids in a bad situation. Between the community and school y'all can fix this but something has to be done. 

How is it a AE problem?  So you telling me any school that has had a student carry a weapon on school grounds this year is an AE problem?  The media only report things that's happens at AE,  is that AE fault?  There was a shooting behind Bearden High School last week, did the media carry that story?  Nope, that's because it didn't happen at AE/East Knoxville.  AE nor East Knoxville is a bad place, you're forgetting the same place that you "don't feel safe" in, these same students that attend AE live in this environment.  How you think that makes them feel?  There's shootings, fights, stabbings at West town Mall all the time but you feel safe there, why?  AE will be aight they will still go on the road and whoop some butt of all these schools refusing to play at AE.  Cumberland Gap soccer team is up first, AE won't hold anything back and I hope they beat the brakes off of them.  Cumberland Gap is fairly close to a recent school shooting that happened in TN so why would they feel unsafe going to AE?   Concord Christian School (a Christian School at that) scared to go play at AE... Yea, I'm calling all these schools out.  and if you don't want to play or attend an event at AE, I got two words for you .............  NVM I can't say that on Coach T..

Edited by Turtle

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

How is it a AE problem?  So you telling me any school that has had a student carry a weapon on school grounds this year is an AE problem?  The media only report things that's happens at AE,  is that AE fault?  There was a shooting behind Bearden High School last week, did the media carry that story?  Nope, that's because it didn't happen at AE/East Knoxville.  AE nor East Knoxville is a bad place, you're forgetting the same place that you "don't feel safe" in, these same students that attend AE live in this environment.  How you think that makes them feel?  There's shootings, fights, stabbings at West town Mall all the time but you feel safe there, why?  AE will be aight they will still go on the road and whoop some butt of all these schools refusing to play at AE.  Cumberland Gap soccer team is up first, AE won't hold anything back and I hope they beat the brakes off of them.  Cumberland Gap is fairly close to a recent school shooting that happened in TN so why would they feel unsafe going to AE?   Concord Christian School (a Christian School at that) scared to go play at AE... Yea, I'm calling all these schools out.  and if you don't want to play or attend an event at AE, I got two words for you .............  NVM I can't say that on Coach T..

When did I say that? AE gun problem is AE's gun problem. I know nothing about what happened behind Bearden but if it involved a student then it's Bearedens problem. Why are you so worried about teams that don't feel safe playing at AE and not worried about the real issue and that's why teams feel unsafe playing at AE to begin with. Are other schools fears irrational? Its everyone else's problem but AE's is what it's sounding like to me. You just had a kid die at school and you're worried about Cumberland Gap's soccer team hahahaha. Priorities my dude. 

About six years ago a family member was having to choose a school in Knoxville because the father retired from his job and took on another job north of Knoxville and the only choice was to move. After checking all the public schools out down the line it was unbelievable how bad they all were. By the Grace of God the family was out eating and the father ran into an old friend that worked for a private school and welcomed them to come visit which they did. The one thing I like was that the school did drug testing on all students and any bad apples are sent away for good. The other good news was they never find any bad apples because they know better than to dawn the doors at that school. To bad public schools don't work the same way or we could get a handle on this situation in all schools.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

About six years ago a family member was having to choose a school in Knoxville because the father retired from his job and took on another job north of Knoxville and the only choice was to move. After checking all the public schools out down the line it was unbelievable how bad they all were. By the Grace of God the family was out eating and the father ran into an old friend that worked for a private school and welcomed them to come visit which they did. The one thing I like was that the school did drug testing on all students and any bad apples are sent away for good. The other good news was they never find any bad apples because they know better than to dawn the doors at that school. To bad public schools don't work the same way or we could get a handle on this situation in all schools.

"After checking all the public schools out down the line it was unbelievable how bad they all were."

You gonna give any facts or just subjectivity?  

5 hours ago, guthook said:

"After checking all the public schools out down the line it was unbelievable how bad they all were."

You gonna give any facts or just subjectivity?  

Sorry we didn't keep the information because we didn't know it would be so interesting to someone on Coach T one day or they would have, So Alex we'll go with Subjectivity for $900 please.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Sorry we didn't keep the information because we didn't know it would be so interesting to someone on Coach T one day or they would have, So Alex we'll go with Subjectivity for $900 please.

I'd love to know what you consider a quality school.

16 hours ago, KEV-O said:

Are other schools fears irrational? Its everyone else's problem but AE's is what it's sounding like to me. You just had a kid die at school and you're worried about Cumberland Gap's soccer team hahahaha. Priorities my dude. 

Somebody dies everyday, they don't want to just sit around and mourn.  Don't the bible say " weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalms 30:5)  That's what we're living by over here on the east.  Yes, it was a sadden day  but we must  move on.  These students didn't want to sit at home for the rest of the school year like most of you OUTSIDERS are saying,  they didn't want those school doors to be shut  down the rest of the year.  These students need one another for comfort.   Cancelling things  or saying, "We not going over to AE to play them!" Is hurtful to these students.  Like I said, they live in this environment 24-7 they got to live through these things . 

41 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Somebody dies everyday, they don't want to just sit around and mourn.  Don't the bible say " weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalms 30:5)  That's what we're living by over here on the east.  Yes, it was a sadden day  but we must  move on.  These students didn't want to sit at home for the rest of the school year like most of you OUTSIDERS are saying,  they didn't want those school doors to be shut  down the rest of the year.  These students need one another for comfort.   Cancelling things  or saying, "We not going over to AE to play them!" Is hurtful to these students.  Like I said, they live in this environment 24-7 they got to live through these things . 

I understand where you are trying to come from and yes people die everyday, but it's usually not students they are taken way before they should have.  I'm sure they do need each other and need the community as a whole but things on the East Side need to change. (Better support from the City is a key step along with the Community rallying to stop the gang violence and it won't be tolerated anymore.) I would like to know if any other School in East Tn has lost 5 students to Guns in a 4 month period?  (Most of these have been youth on youth crimes).  One of my close friends sister's was shot and Killed at the BJ's Food Mart last June and still trying to catch the shooter. (even have a 30k reward out for information leading to the killer).  You can't be upset with a school trying to keep their kids safe just because it's going to hurt the feeling of the other school!

14 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I understand where you are trying to come from and yes people die everyday, but it's usually not students they are taken way before they should have.  I'm sure they do need each other and need the community as a whole but things on the East Side need to change. (Better support from the City is a key step along with the Community rallying to stop the gang violence and it won't be tolerated anymore.) I would like to know if any other School in East Tn has lost 5 students to Guns in a 4 month period?  (Most of these have been youth on youth crimes).  One of my close friends sister's was shot and Killed at the BJ's Food Mart last June and still trying to catch the shooter. (even have a 30k reward out for information leading to the killer).  You can't be upset with a school trying to keep their kids safe just because it's going to hurt the feeling of the other school!

The "East Side" only gets worse from here. When you have a significant number of people from that area including gang members, parents and students from AE protesting against the police it should tell you there's no fixing this any time soon. You actually have parents joining with gang members. After the video clearly shows the shooting was justified.  So go ahead and push the police out and let the gangs do the policing. It will eventually work itself out. 

5 hours ago, guthook said:

I'd love to know what you consider a quality school.

The one where Wally and the Beaver went to "Mayfield High School". I don't remember seeing any episode of a shootout in the bathroom plus Eddie Haskell went there also and became a member of the Los Angles Police Department. Pretty good for a kid that got into so much trouble back then if I do say.

unnamed_(3).jpg?width=590&height=370&fit

Edited by BarneySox2007

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The "East Side" only gets worse from here. When you have a significant number of people from that area including gang members, parents and students from AE protesting against the police it should tell you there's no fixing this any time soon. You actually have parents joining with gang members. After the video clearly shows the shooting was justified.  So go ahead and push the police out and let the gangs do the policing. It will eventually work itself out. 

AE protesting the police?  Yea, you're about clueless as the rest.  That's has nothing to do with AE. Most of those protesters are from the west not just the east.  But I'm done with this conversation.  Continue painting that bad picture about AE, they will rise!!

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

AE protesting the police?  Yea, you're about clueless as the rest.  That's has nothing to do with AE. Most of those protesters are from the west not just the east.  But I'm done with this conversation.  Continue painting that bad picture about AE, they will rise!!

Yeah, if you have students from AE as well as parents of students from AE protesting along side known gang members then that has something to do with AE. And wasn't it the staff at AE that refused to put metal detectors at the doors. Not everybody at AE are bad people but the ones that are steering this train wreck are.   But you go ahead and bury your head in the sand and call us all clueless.