Dobyns-Bennett 2021Offseason

DBKPT93

DB will get by this year because the region they play in sucks. West Valley, Jefferson Co, Mo East and William Blount all are terrible teams. Add in Volunteer and TN High, and that is a weak schedule. DB will always be the most overrated football team in the state. They will never win a state title in football.

3 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

DB will get by this year because the region they play in sucks. West Valley, Jefferson Co, Mo East and William Blount all are terrible teams. Add in Volunteer and TN High, and that is a weak schedule. DB will always be the most overrated football team in the state. They will never win a state title in football.

This is an opinion piece presented as fact. Truth is you have no ideal if DB is "the most overrated football team in the state" or not. Overrated by who?  "They will never win a state title in football" You couldn't possibly know that. Why even waste your time posting such stupidity? And where is West Valley anyway? I can't find them on the schedule? 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

This is an opinion piece presented as fact. Truth is you have no ideal if DB is "the most overrated football team in the state" or not. Overrated by who?  "They will never win a state title in football" You couldn't possibly know that. Why even waste your time posting such stupidity? And where is West Valley anyway? I can't find them on the schedule? 

Overrated by fans like yourself and the East TN media. DB will not ever win a state championship because that window has pretty much closed for large schools with metro Nashville exploding. West Ridge is the new school (West Valley is near me).

20 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Overrated by fans like yourself and the East TN media. DB will not ever win a state championship because that window has pretty much closed for large schools with metro Nashville exploding. West Ridge is the new school (West Valley is near me).

You don't have a clue. I'm pretty sure most people that have read my post over the years would not accuse me of overrating DB in any sport. That used to be the case with the upper east tn media (not the east tn media) but that has changed over the past 8 years. Have you been in a coma?  The only team in the Nashville area to really impress me is Oakland and I'm pretty sure their sucking in all the top athletes in that area right now. A coaching change is sure to come and all that will change in time. Your a fool if you think Maryville won't win more state championships in the "near future" and beyond. And you still don't know if DB will ever win a state championship. The coaching has improved vastly and with a couple of spots to be improved on and the right class I'd say it's very possible. There's a lot of good athletes that come through the system. When you moving out of your moms basement?

6 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

I went to the Maryville/DB playoff game last year, DB gave Maryville all they wanted but came up short by one score.    But you are right about the 2021 DB schedule, not much competition for the most part.   As far as a state championship.... not impossible but also not very likely, the competition in 6A is just too stiff.     Of course, who outside NET had even heard of Elizabethton or Greeneville until a few years ago, so anything is possible.

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I went to the Maryville/DB playoff game last year, DB gave Maryville all they wanted but came up short by one score.    But you are right about the 2021 DB schedule, not much competition for the most part.   As far as a state championship.... not impossible but also not very likely, the competition in 6A is just too stiff.     Of course, who outside NET had even heard of Elizabethton or Greeneville until a few years ago, so anything is possible.

At DB, they just have to get the pieces to the puzzle in all the right places. Like you said it wasn't that long ago that most people had all upper east tn. teams lumped into the same batch. They said the talent up here wouldn't lend itself to moving past a couple of rounds. Any team, any class Then came Greeneville, and they said well thats just a flash in the pan, can't do it year in and year out. Then there came Elizabethton and they didn't know what to say. Then Elizabethton again. It's coaching. Always has been and always will be. From the ground up. Like growing grass. As far as a state championship being possible or impossible you could of easily said the same thing about Greeneville and Elizabethton before they both actually did it. And yeah, It's harder to get there in 6A. But It's not just DB. It's the same for everybody with the exception of Maryville and Oakland. That's two teams out of the whole 6A state. I think DB was as good as anybody in 6A last year with the exception of Maryville and Oakland. Maryville might always be the team to beat in east tn. But DB did prove one thing last year, their capable of going head to head. And I really don't think their going to hold the Oakland thing together for more than a couple more years. 

20 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

And thats where you are wrong lol. Waco is probably the least positive about DB football out of all of our fans. So he definitely does not overrate us. Heck in Kingsport the Newspaper covers more about Gate City football than DB football. So go back to your little hole and hibernate. Winter hasn't ended for you yet.

Edited by DBKPT93

21 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

And thats where you are wrong lol. Waco is probably the least positive about DB football out of all of our fans. So he definitely does not overrate us. Heck in Kingsport the Newspaper covers more about Gate City football than DB football. So go back to your little hole and hibernate. Winter hasn't ended for you yet.

Yep,the reason I cut off my Kingsport  newspaper years ago.I can't blame them for covering my friends kids at Gate city but if your paper reads  " Kingsport times -news " across the top, then I would think Kingsport Dobyns Bennett should be covered like a blanket every day. Years ago my paper in Greeneville would cover the county schools but anything Greene Devil was always front sports page ,if not front page period.I remember a big picture of Batman on the sports page making a tackle and that was just a freshman game. They just got the fans fired up for the Devils.Now ,the program is something special and yes it can happen at DB or anywhere else with all the right parts and on the right year.

Edited by BatmanDB

On 5/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, DBKPT93 said:

The reason that the KTN covers Gate City so much is that they are very good in sports. 27 State Titles and counting. 5 State Titles in football at three different levels all won on the field not in a poll. DB will 7,8,9 games a year and lose in the second round of the playoffs. That is there ceiling period. The coach they have now isn't near the coach they had before him. There are not enough quaility football players at DB to ever win a state championship, the mid state is too strong and getting better every day. Enjoy your little corner of the state DB and be content with your lot in life an 8-2 season and constant playoff dissappointment!

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

The reason that the KTN covers Gate City so much is that they are very good in sports. 27 State Titles and counting. 5 State Titles in football at three different levels all won on the field not in a poll. DB will 7,8,9 games a year and lose in the second round of the playoffs. That is there ceiling period. The coach they have now isn't near the coach they had before him. There are not enough quaility football players at DB to ever win a state championship, the mid state is too strong and getting better every day. Enjoy your little corner of the state DB and be content with your lot in life an 8-2 season and constant playoff dissappointment!

Are you a Gate City fan?     I always wanted to see DB vs. GC back in the 70's & 80's

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

As I was reading this post I was thinking, Yep! typical Gate City homer. Then I got to the sentence where you claim the last coach was better than the current coach and tells me you have no Ideal what you're talking about. (Is that you Clark?).  Anyway I'll give GC props for winning a bunch of championships, even if it was just half the state. However your football program doesn't seem to be much to talk about anymore. I'm not sure they could stay on the field with Volunteer these days. Your basketball team has had a very good run the past four years but looks like that is over. DB will be just fine and compete with mid state. They just need improvement in one area. As for as the quality football players go the roster changes every year so there's no way you could even know that. And DB has had the roster to win a state championship several times in the past 20 years but didn't get it done because of that (coach they had before him). So you stick to your side of the state line and hang out with all the other tobacco spitters as you watch your football team struggle with Abington and Haysi or some other hole in the wall of South West Va.  Have a good day and don't forget to feed the chickens.

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

As I was reading this post I was thinking, Yep! typical Gate City homer. Then I got to the sentence where you claim the last coach was better than the current coach and tells me you have no Ideal what you're talking about. (Is that you Clark?).  Anyway I'll give GC props for winning a bunch of championships, even if it was just half the state. However your football program doesn't seem to be much to talk about anymore. I'm not sure they could stay on the field with Volunteer these days. Your basketball team has had a very good run the past four years but looks like that is over. DB will be just fine and compete with mid state. They just need improvement in one area. As for as the quality football players go the roster changes every year so there's no way you could even know that. And DB has had the roster to win a state championship several times in the past 20 years but didn't get it done because of that (coach they had before him). So you stick to your side of the state line and hang out with all the other tobacco spitters as you watch your football team struggle with Abington and Haysi or some other hole in the wall of South West Va.  Have a good day and don't forget to feed the chickens.

I live in Kingsport have for nearly 40 years, I've probably paid city taxes since before you were born. I am a sports fan. I have sat many nights at J. Fred (rain, cold, snow) and watched DB constanlty blow leads and get out coached. My opinions are observation based during that time frame, if you don't like it don't respond to it. You would never talk to a person like that to their face so keyboard warrior on and DB has never even come close to sniffing a State Championship in the last 20 years. DB has had great players but just one or two at a time never the 6-8 you need to compete. And there are no chickens in Ridgefields! But they feed chicken in Greene County and 10 state titles later, maybe you should be more like them instead of worrying about Virginia..