Dobyns-Bennett 2021Offseason

DBKPT93

14 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Possibly Blazer. I remember coming up to Kingsport with my ( Devil ) teammates and laying the hurt on the Tribe in a scrimmage one year.DB won most of their games that year and we ended up being terrible because of a young ( O ) and then a beat up  ( D ). Nothing is in stone when it comes to East Tennessee sports unless it's that school RR pulls for and they are playing most any team in this part of the state.

yeah...... but it still makes for good talk around the water cooler

• 3 weeks later...

Was just watching Darian Kinnard talking on  "behind Kentucky football " .A little mention about Kingsport and Dobyns Bennett at the end.Man what an athlete he is . I'm happy it worked out for him. I remember telling him in the 9th to make those grades because there is no guarantee of staying healthy and making money in football.Well, there may not be a guarantee but he sure has a pretty good chance if he stays healthy. 

Edited by BatmanDevil

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 12:48 AM, BatmanDevil said:

Was just watching Darian Kinnard talking on  "behind Kentucky football " .A little mention about Kingsport and Dobyns Bennett at the end.Man what an athlete he is . I'm happy it worked out for him. I remember telling him in the 9th to make those grades because there is no guarantee of staying healthy and making money in football.Well, there may not be a guarantee but he sure has a pretty good chance if he stays healthy. 

I could see DB at 5-0 going into the Greeneville game on Sept 24 and being ranked in the top 10 in the state.    Greeneville will be 5-0 or 4-1 at that time and ranked in the top 10 in 4A, so it should be a barn burner.

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I could see DB at 5-0 going into the Greeneville game on Sept 24 and being ranked in the top 10 in the state.    Greeneville will be 5-0 or 4-1 at that time and ranked in the top 10 in 4A, so it should be a barn burner.

How could you see that, exactly?

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Then 5-0 it is I guess.

Let's look at the first 5...

Tenn High - has not beaten DB in what, 10+ years?
Volunteer - no comment needed on this one
Morristown East - has only been > .500 once in the last five years
Crockett - DC was good for about 4 straight years but lost heavily to graduation
West Ridge - basically Sullivan South 2.0, South has not beaten DB in what... 20+ years?

Crockett is doing some good things lately and maybe that could be a trap game, so at worst 4-1 by the Greeneville massac... oops, I mean game...

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Let's look at the first 5...

Tenn High - has not beaten DB in what, 10+ years?
Volunteer - no comment needed on this one
Morristown East - has only been > .500 once in the last five years
Crockett - DC was good for about 4 straight years but lost heavily to graduation
West Ridge - basically Sullivan South 2.0, South has not beaten DB in what... 20+ years?

Crockett is doing some good things lately and maybe that could be a trap game, so at worst 4-1 by the Greeneville massac... oops, I mean game...

A lot of unknowns coming up this year. Even the unknowns are unknown. On paper DB should be down.  But how down?  Tn. High usually gets going after losing to DB. What if they get going early? Volunteer ain't gonna' get it done. Morristown East has had some really good teams in the past. I have no ideal what they have this year. Crockett could be a problem. West Ridge (who knows). When you put three schools together like that it can go one way or the other. If they come out of the gate fast, better look out. I actually think the first game will tell their future. Greenville will be the best team in Upper East Tn.  I'm anxious to see how well DB does with rebuilding the line. If they do a really good job there I think this may be a better year than most think.

25 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

A lot of unknowns coming up this year. Even the unknowns are unknown. On paper DB should be down.  But how down?  Tn. High usually gets going after losing to DB. What if they get going early? Volunteer ain't gonna' get it done. Morristown East has had some really good teams in the past. I have no ideal what they have this year. Crockett could be a problem. West Ridge (who knows). When you put three schools together like that it can go one way or the other. If they come out of the gate fast, better look out. I actually think the first game will tell their future. Greenville will be the best team in Upper East Tn.  I'm anxious to see how well DB does with rebuilding the line. If they do a really good job there I think this may be a better year than most think.

Yeah losing 5 starters on the OL and basically the whole DL will be a huge task. Hopefully they get it done. 

On 7/7/2021 at 11:40 AM, blazer1set said:

This is a great game for both teams.Always two tough hard hitting teams when they play each other.No greater fans in this area then my school ( Devils ) and my wife and kids school (Dobyns Bennett ). I've seen first hand how much folks in Kingsport love the Tribe and what they will do and go through for their school. I'd love nothing more then to see both teams win a state championship in the near future. Now , as you mentioned in another post about DB having a trap game ,well those good for nothing state rankings seem to always turn any playoff game into a trap game with DB wearing a Superman ranking or bullseye on their head.. I'd much rather the media who knows squat about football in the area,just not rank DB at all.  Just my opinion..