2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Can Forrest get to 6 wins? I am counting Moore Cascade and MTP as losses now. Plus Marion. Thats 5-5. IF you beat Summertown, East Robertson, and Richland. They literally could lose every game remaining. They could also finish 8-2, but not scoring 7-14 a game. No way. 

Given the parity with the remaining games of the schedule, I can see Forrest winning out with the exception of Marion. I believe they will win at  Moore Co then win at home against Summertown in a defensive battle, since neither team has shown much offense. Traveling to Marion will be too much to ask and will most likely end in defeat, unless Forrest finds some offense. The game at Cascade could be for the region championship. Going to Richland won't be a gimme and Coach Patterson will have his team ready and playing hard. I think the game with East Robertson is a trap game considering that they have soooooo much talent. Mt. Pleasant is probably a year away from competing for a region championship, but not a game to sleep on. The remaining games will all be tight games that could go either way. If Forrest wins the region they will win a playoff game or 2 to finish with a successful season.

14 hours ago, ddaddy said:

Given the parity with the remaining games of the schedule, I can see Forrest winning out with the exception of Marion. I believe they will win at  Moore Co then win at home against Summertown in a defensive battle, since neither team has shown much offense. Traveling to Marion will be too much to ask and will most likely end in defeat, unless Forrest finds some offense. The game at Cascade could be for the region championship. Going to Richland won't be a gimme and Coach Patterson will have his team ready and playing hard. I think the game with East Robertson is a trap game considering that they have soooooo much talent. Mt. Pleasant is probably a year away from competing for a region championship, but not a game to sleep on. The remaining games will all be tight games that could go either way. If Forrest wins the region they will win a playoff game or 2 to finish with a successful season.

this is pretty well thought out- thanks. i was simplistic (could go 8-2 or 2-8 lol), and you put some meat to it. good work. and good luck against SH Friday

14 hours ago, Salem said:

Moore County is way down this year in case you haven't noticed all their fanboys have left the site. They are a sophomore heavy squad that is struggling on offense. This could be a 2-0 game. I think I will paint my garage and watch it dry instead of streaming it. 

the 4 dozen covid wins that are coming Friday will be more entertaining

15 hours ago, ddaddy said:

If you watched our 7-0 defeat last year at Lewis Co that game is a summary of the 2020 and 2021 seasons. We have a defense good enough to keep us in most games against good teams but an offense bad enough to keep games against bad teams close. So even teams that we should be up by 4 TDs in the 4th quarter will hang around with a chance to win the game at the end. 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

If you watched our 7-0 defeat last year at Lewis Co that game is a summary of the 2020 and 2021 seasons. We have a defense good enough to keep us in most games against good teams but an offense bad enough to keep games against bad teams close. So even teams that we should be up by 4 TDs in the 4th quarter will hang around with a chance to win the game at the end. 

Last year's defense was as good as any that we saw so if that trend is continuing Forrest could be had to handle come playoff time. Playing good defense early is a good sigh since offenses often have a harder time finding their rhythm.  

On 9/8/2021 at 6:12 PM, ddaddy said:

I don't see Forrest winning out. Cascade will win and Mt. Pleasant will win by two-plus scores. Cascade's defense has been lights out so far this year. 

Forrest had perhaps their best performance in the last 2 seasons. Pushed Moore all over the field. Game wasn't as close as the score. Forrest should've had 2-3 more scores.

Moore's lone TD came on a fluke screen that 2 Forrest kids Malachi crunched the runner but he somehow escaped. Forrest was still shaking off the cobwebs and Moore's QB ran it in from a short distance.  

If Forrest plays like they did last night, sound D and running game, they will only lose to Marion. They will beat Cascade and win the Region. 

Bell, Burchell, Davis and Swift all looked good. Bennett is starting to settle in, and take what the D gives him. 

I realize Moore is not Meigs Co. Still, I must give credit where it's due. Forrest came to play and the outcome was never really in doubt. Coaches had the kids ready to hit hard on both sides. Complete 180 from the Cornersville game, where I wasn't sure Forrest would win another game. 

This week, Summertown at home.  That senior QB will be a problem. Hopefully the Rockets can continue the positive momentum. 

8 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest had perhaps their best performance in the last 2 seasons. Pushed Moore all over the field. Game wasn't as close as the score. Forrest should've had 2-3 more scores.

Moore's lone TD came on a fluke screen that 2 Forrest kids Malachi crunched the runner but he somehow escaped. Forrest was still shaking off the cobwebs and Moore's QB ran it in from a short distance.  

If Forrest plays like they did last night, sound D and running game, they will only lose to Marion. They will beat Cascade and win the Region. 

Bell, Burchell, Davis and Swift all looked good. Bennett is starting to settle in, and take what the D gives him. 

I realize Moore is not Meigs Co. Still, I must give credit where it's due. Forrest came to play and the outcome was never really in doubt. Coaches had the kids ready to hit hard on both sides. Complete 180 from the Cornersville game, where I wasn't sure Forrest would win another game. 

This week, Summertown at home.  That senior QB will be a problem. Hopefully the Rockets can continue the positive momentum. 

Good Summary. Moore County will be a good team in 2022 and a very good team in 2023 but they are not very good this season. Forrest has the toughest three game stretch of the season coming up and we are about to see how good the Rockets are.

Defense did what was expected and looked prepared for everything MC had. This is the best and soundest the Rocket defense has looked in memory. Rarely are players out of position. No wide open receivers running down filed after blown coverages so far this year. 

Offense had the best performance of the season. Lots of variety and unpredictability. No delay of game penalties this week. Still too many illegal procedure and holding calls on offense. 

Region teams took care of business this week against weak out of region opponents in week 4 action.

Cascade 28-17 over Huntland.  Forrest 21-7 over Moore County. Mt Pleasant -Bye

Summertown 40-27 over Collinwood.  Loretto 41-14 over Wayne County. Richland 42-7 over Hickman County. 

Week 5 REGION GAMES

#1 Cascade (1-0) travels to #6 Richland (0-1)

#2 Forrest (1-0)  hosts #4 Summertown (1-0)

#5 Loretto (0-1)  hosts #3 Mt. Pleasant (0-1) 

The parity continues. No one will be over a TD favorite in any of these games and most would be pick ems. Expect the rankings to get turned upside down after Friday and tiebreakers start to get discussed.