Jump to content

Region 1-A Early Outlook


baldeagle22
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I could easily see a sweep in the regional tournament for district 1. All 4 teams are legit. 

I agree.  Cosby not as strong as they normally are.  Sunbright Lady Tigers will be a tough place to go play substate.  They are really stout this year along with Coalfield.  

Jr High tournaments start today.  If we win the area tournament,  we'll be number 1 seed from area 1.  We are opposite brackett from Grandview middle but we share a brackett with newport grammar.  Going to heat up in the next couple weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, THE KING said:

I agree.  Cosby not as strong as they normally are.  Sunbright Lady Tigers will be a tough place to go play substate.  They are really stout this year along with Coalfield.  

Jr High tournaments start today.  If we win the area tournament,  we'll be number 1 seed from area 1.  We are opposite brackett from Grandview middle but we share a brackett with newport grammar.  Going to heat up in the next couple weeks. 

Was Cloudland missing any players when they beat Harriman by 6?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, THE KING said:

I agree.  Cosby not as strong as they normally are.  Sunbright Lady Tigers will be a tough place to go play substate.  They are really stout this year along with Coalfield.  

Jr High tournaments start today.  If we win the area tournament,  we'll be number 1 seed from area 1.  We are opposite brackett from Grandview middle but we share a brackett with newport grammar.  Going to heat up in the next couple weeks. 

Have you seen Newport play ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Have you seen Newport play ? 

yeah.  But it was against Rogersville city.  Hard to gauge someone against a weak opponent.  They are a lot like us but neither one of us is as talented as grandview.  It would be a major upset if us or newport were to beat grandview in the sectional final.  If grandview makes it to the finals, I will definitely make that trip to see them take on South Lawrence.  I believe the lady stallions will dominate the west.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Was Cloudland missing any players when they beat Harriman by 6?

No.  We just played like poo.  We've had some games like that.  We didn't show up to unaka last week and got blown out by 17.  But we are talented enough to beat teams like north and south greene.  Its just we've got so many young players still

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

yeah.  But it was against Rogersville city.  Hard to gauge someone against a weak opponent.  They are a lot like us but neither one of us is as talented as grandview.  It would be a major upset if us or newport were to beat grandview in the sectional final.  If grandview makes it to the finals, I will definitely make that trip to see them take on South Lawrence.  I believe the lady stallions will dominate the west.  

We were talking about Newport and Grandview Friday and said Grandview is probably 15 points better than Newport overall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

No.  We just played like poo.  We've had some games like that.  We didn't show up to unaka last week and got blown out by 17.  But we are talented enough to beat teams like north and south greene.  Its just we've got so many young players still

I definitely understand the young players, one game you look like you could beat anyone and the next game they make all those little mistakes. For some reason I was thinking that district 1A and 1AA was down this year North and Hampton both around 500 and I know Herriman’s not very good. Is it strength of schedule, have a lot of the teams improved up that way? The reason I asked is because Meigs moved back to district 3 region 2 and they are young but they are holding on to the 2 seed right now behind Central and they have a chance to make it to a substate game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

We were talking about Newport and Grandview Friday and said Grandview is probably 15 points better than Newport overall. 

If we don't get upset by Hampton Tuesday night,  we will be in Newport's bracket.  We lost by 23 to grandview in the christmas tourney but we did miss 10 foul shots.  I told my daughters to expect a real battle if they play newport.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I definitely understand the young players, one game you look like you could beat anyone and the next game they make all those little mistakes. For some reason I was thinking that district 1A and 1AA was down this year North and Hampton both around 500 and I know Herriman’s not very good. Is it strength of schedule, have a lot of the teams improved up that way? The reason I asked is because Meigs moved back to district 3 region 2 and they are young but they are holding on to the 2 seed right now behind Central and they have a chance to make it to a substate game. 

district 1A is probably stronger overall than they've been in years.  North Greene's record is very deceiving.  They've beaten south greene twice this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

district 1A is probably stronger overall than they've been in years.  North Greene's record is very deceiving.  They've beaten south greene twice this season

Playing better competition will definitely help come tournament time. I would love to see a east TN team go win it all In 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A but we both know that’s hard to do with the level of competition out west. Good luck to you guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

district 1A is probably stronger overall than they've been in years.  North Greene's record is very deceiving.  They've beaten south greene twice this season

We played North Green this summer in Murfreesboro and a starting player went down early in the game in transition. Looked like a knee. How is she?? Just curious. Hate to see any one go down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...