7 on 7 Schedules

jrlcm

I used to get excited about this when all the teams came to Maryville College on Saturday to play 7 on 7 then it became apparent this was a total false reading on what fall football really would be about. Now it reminds me of Old Man Sex where you go down to the local restaurant and watch all the pretty girls come in then you get tired and go home because your all worn out. It just wears me out to watch something like 7 on 7 because it ain't the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, fredjones said:

agreed Barney.  However, there was a large crowd at Raverwood yesterday

I don't agree with you two fellers but I also don't disagree with you two.. I am unable to attend Oak Ridge 7 on 7 games or scrimmages and I miss them dearly. I would kill to see Tee Higgins back in the Ridge playing in a Passing league. But I digress.

However, if I lived in VictORy City I might not want to go to every event Oak Ridge participates in.

Bottom line...to each their own opinions.

3 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I don't agree with you two fellers but I also don't disagree with you two.. I am unable to attend Oak Ridge 7 on 7 games or scrimmages and I miss them dearly. I would kill to see Tee Higgins back in the Ridge playing in a Passing league. But I digress.

However, if I lived in VictORy City I might not want to go to every event Oak Ridge participates in.

Bottom line...to each their own opinions.

Willie the real reason I don't care about 7 on 7 is that I see many a touchdown thrown had it been in a real game the QB would have been on his back before the ball would have been released. I lost a lot of interest because of that. When GQ was at Maryville I remember his last year or two all these teams from everywhere came to Maryville College and MHS didn't play in it because he felt the same way.

On 6/20/2021 at 11:21 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I used to get excited about this when all the teams came to Maryville College on Saturday to play 7 on 7 then it became apparent this was a total false reading on what fall football really would be about. Now it reminds me of Old Man Sex where you go down to the local restaurant and watch all the pretty girls come in then you get tired and go home because your all worn out. It just wears me out to watch something like 7 on 7 because it ain't the real thing.

Old Man Sex I can relate to! It is not real football for sure.

• Like 1