Elizabethton 4a @ Science Hill 6a 2021

Romansfive8

9 hours ago, jjm70 said:

I’d be calling for Stacey Carter’s head and Diamond sure wouldn’t be wearing the number 11  Jersey. All about who your moma is to play QB

As long as Stacy Carter is beating Dobyns Bennett he'll be there forever. And he seems to have that one covered. If you remember the last two coaching hires they made they actually put it in print that they were looking for a coach that could beat DB. It's their state championship game I guess. 

One thing looks to be for sure.Elizabethton is reloading every year and like the Devils, can't be counted out these days before the season ever starts or until the playoffs end.Great job Betsy ! I look forward to the first and possibly 2nd game this year between our teams, and as always will pull for the best team going forward.I hope it's the Devils but you have most definitely gotten everyone's attention already !

44 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

As long as Stacy Carter is beating Dobyns Bennett he'll be there forever. And he seems to have that one covered. If you remember the last two coaching hires they made they actually put it in print that they were looking for a coach that could beat DB. It's their state championship game I guess. 

I mean how do say this is our best team ever and get beat by 19

8 hours ago, jjm70 said:

I mean how do say this is our best team ever and get beat by 19

What’s always blown my mind is the fact the Science Hill is one of the top 7 high schools in the state by enrollment. They SHOULD beat us. I mean they have. I’m not forgetting the totality of this rivalry. But it just doesn’t make sense. They should compete at a higher level. Oh well. I’ll take it. Moving on to Rhea County.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

What’s always blown my mind is the fact the Science Hill is one of the top 7 high schools in the state by enrollment. They SHOULD beat us. I mean they have. I’m not forgetting the totality of this rivalry. But it just doesn’t make sense. They should compete at a higher level. Oh well. I’ll take it. Moving on to Rhea County.

I say they have a better QB then Dimond on the team. Just because his moma.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:22 AM, jjm70 said:

1st job get Stacey carter out of there 

The problem is much larger than Stacey Carter.  You must begin by changing the administration along with the attitude and expectations of the community.  Until everyone expects to win a state championship you will not begin to make the necessary progress.  Everyone must be pulling on the same end of the rope.  

14 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Science Hill is #4, Dobyns Bennett is #3         https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments

So yeah, both of them should put a beatdown on the mostly smaller schools they play, and many times they do, but small schools like Elizabethton, Greeneville, Alcoa.... not going to happen because the aforementioned programs have something that DB and SH do not have, and that is the fact that they are dead serious about football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Science Hill is #4, Dobyns Bennett is #3         https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments

So yeah, both of them should put a beatdown on the mostly smaller schools they play, and many times they do, but small schools like Elizabethton, Greeneville, Alcoa.... not going to happen because the aforementioned programs have something that DB and SH do not have, and that is the fact that they are dead serious about football.

Pretty much all the schools on that list with over 2.000 students rarely make any noise as far as winning a football state championship or even coming close. Most of them are not serious about the sport. It's hard to say DB and Science Hill are not serious about football if you look at the money they've spent. The problem is they've put money in all the wrong places. Nice stadiums, mega-trons, fancy uniforms etc. Stacy Carter rode on Kurt Phillips coat tails to get hired at Science Hill. He's a nice guy but has never been more than a average coach. Shawn Witten applied and interviewed for the DB job and wanted to bring some of his staff with him. But the info I got was Christian was their man before interviews even took place.  Kinda' like the Basketball hire they made after doing a "national search" they end up hiring a guy from Jefferson Co. I think Christian is a pretty good coach but obviously DB missed it big time by not going with Whitten. 

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Pretty much all the schools on that list with over 2.000 students rarely make any noise as far as winning a football state championship or even coming close. Most of them are not serious about the sport. It's hard to say DB and Science Hill are not serious about football if you look at the money they've spent. The problem is they've put money in all the wrong places. Nice stadiums, mega-trons, fancy uniforms etc. Stacy Carter rode on Kurt Phillips coat tails to get hired at Science Hill. He's a nice guy but has never been more than a average coach. Shawn Witten applied and interviewed for the DB job and wanted to bring some of his staff with him. But the info I got was Christian was their man before interviews even took place.  Kinda' like the Basketball hire they made after doing a "national search" they end up hiring a guy from Jefferson Co. I think Christian is a pretty good coach but obviously DB missed it big time by not going with Whitten. 

Really there are not many schools who are totally serious about football.   I'm sure some of the rural schools would like to be but the funds just are not there.   But it takes so much..... good coaching, community support, getting the guys to buy in to the program and believe in it, etc.         Very few schools ever reach that level of having all the pieces in place unless it is a fluke of once-in-a-generation of athletes who happen to come thru at the same time.